Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #1516
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Versions are Strings.
8.6 is Eight dot Six not point 6
8.35 is 29 revisions past 8.6
Wouldn't it be 8.06 then? 8.6 could be 8.06 or 8.60 equally.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #1517
dickens61
dickens61 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 intl
Does the font selection feature of the kindle collections plugin work with the k2i? I have tried it several times in order to select my own font, but when I go the the Aa page, typeface as an option does not appear. Justification does, but nothing else.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #1518
Kaaya
Kaaya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
convert Kindle clippings

not exactly plugin but something that could help convert Kindle clippings for easier handling and organizing - http://www.clippingsconverter.com
Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #1519
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I should have realized :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Versions are Strings.
8.6 is Eight dot Six not point 6
8.35 is 29 revisions past 8.6
Thanks!

I just finished organizing my books into categories with Calibre - so fast and easy!!!!
Love it

Last edited by rgeorg; 01-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #1520
r0b.t
r0b.t began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Collections Disappear on Restart

Hi there,

Collection manager sorts my ebooks according to specified sort column but upon restart screen blinks and collections disappear - reverting to items listed individually. When i attempt to manage collections manually collection anger seems to thinks that books are still organised by collection.

any ideas?

Many thanks,
Rob
(Kindle Keyboard WiFi)
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #1521
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Check if you are sorting your books by Title or Collection from the Kindle home page, or if the collections are at the end of your list.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #1522
the337
the337 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I downloaded this plugin and I think it's great. I was wondering though. I currently have my Kindle collections based on author sort. and I have my kindle sorting books based on collection. I read that when going into a collection the Kindle automatically puts the most recently collection at the top instead of keeping them in say alphabetical order by collection. Is there anyway to prevent it from doing this and just keeping the collections in alphabetical order?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #1523
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@the337 - welcome to MobileRead.

On your Kindle, you should change the way it sorts the items by setting it to "Title" rather than "Most Recently Read" or "Collections" or "Author".

Use the 4-way controller to go up to the top, hit right, and then change it to Title.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #1524
the337

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@the337 - welcome to MobileRead.

On your Kindle, you should change the way it sorts the items by setting it to "Title" rather than "Most Recently Read" or "Collections" or "Author".

Use the 4-way controller to go up to the top, hit right, and then change it to Title.
Hi kiwidude,
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking on MobileRead for a while since I got my Kindle. It's a great place for information. The sorting by title still doesn't do what I want it to. Here's some more clarification to hopefully help.

I used the Kindle Collections plugin to make collections for my books based on author since I have numerous books by some authors. I want to use these "collections" as the sort function on my Kindle so I only see the authors and then I click into the collection to see the books by that author. However, I want to keep my collections in alphabetical order (so the collections/authors would be in alphabetical order) rather than putting the most recently viewed collection at the front. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #1525
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@the337 - yes, if you follow the instructions I gave and set the sort order on your Kindle to by Title that is exactly what you get. You just need to make sure that your collections by author have a prefix character of some kind which means alphabetically those author collections will sort before the individual book titles. You can configure that character in the Kindle collections plugin configuration - use something like _ or ~ or see the first post of this thread for other options.

The only downside of sorting by Title on the Kindle, is that you don't just see the collections, you see the individual books listed as well. But if you use that trick of a prefix, it means the collections will always be listed at the top which is what you want. If instead on your Kindle you choose sort by Collections, then you will only see your collection names. However the sort order of those collection names will keep changing based on which collection you last opened a book in, which is really annoying (to me at least). It is just one of several frustrating limitations of the Kindle collection management, but them's your choices...
Old 01-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1526
the337

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@the337 - yes, if you follow the instructions I gave and set the sort order on your Kindle to by Title that is exactly what you get. You just need to make sure that your collections by author have a prefix character of some kind which means alphabetically those author collections will sort before the individual book titles. You can configure that character in the Kindle collections plugin configuration - use something like _ or ~ or see the first post of this thread for other options.

The only downside of sorting by Title on the Kindle, is that you don't just see the collections, you see the individual books listed as well. But if you use that trick of a prefix, it means the collections will always be listed at the top which is what you want. If instead on your Kindle you choose sort by Collections, then you will only see your collection names. However the sort order of those collection names will keep changing based on which collection you last opened a book in, which is really annoying (to me at least). It is just one of several frustrating limitations of the Kindle collection management, but them's your choices...
Thank you so much for the clarification. I'll definitely look into the prefix thing. I am definitely annoyed by collections names changing based on the one that's most recently be opened too. I was wondering if there might be a jailbreak or hack that could change that?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #1527
kiwidude

I don't know about the jailbreaks, I've never been bothered enough to risk fiddling with my Kindle stability, but plenty of people obviously do it. I just haven't ever seen a compelling enough "feature" from jailbreaking to justify the effort. The Kindle forum could have the answers for you on that.

Sorting by Title is an ok workaround for me, and since this lovely plugin does the hard work of creating the collections it pretty much becomes something you can forget about - you only notice the "noise" if you page to the end of your author collections.

The other trick you may not be aware of is some people like myself create a special collection on the Kindle only which contains the current book I am reading. So in my case, I use a prefix/suffix of ~ on all my author collections. Then I have a manual collection on the Kindle called _Reading_ which I manage manually on the Kindle with the next few books that I am contemplating reading. It sorts alphabetically before everything else, so no matter what browsing around I do on my Kindle it is trivial to get to the current book being read by hitting Home. This sort of replicates the "most recently read" functionality on a manual basis - but it has the advantage that it only contains exactly what you want in there.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #1528
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Is it possible to create a collection of every book that does not have a certain Tag? Without custom columns or creating the opposite tag?

Thanks,
tlc
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #1529
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tlc:

Probably doable via some regex magic... Let's try!

If you wanted to create a collection from *every* tag except 'Fantasy':

Set 'Tags' to 'Create'
Set the 'Include' column to: ^(?!Fantasy).*

And that *should* do the trick (untested). Prepare yourself to end up with a crapload of stuff, though, it will create a collection for *every* tag you have that isn't 'Fantasy' in this example... Keep in mind that this would also be a somewhat strict match, (ie. if you had 'Fantasy - SciFi', 'Epic Fantasy' or that kind of tags, they'd end up as a collection. We'd need a more complex regex to catch those too).

EDIT: Well, actually, no, 'Fantasy - SciFi' wouldn't get through with that pattern. You could try a simple ^(?!Fantasy) but I'm not sure that'll do what it's supposed to...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-04-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #1530
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tlc:

And that *should* do the trick (untested). Prepare yourself to end up with a crapload of stuff, though, it will create a collection for *every* tag you have that isn't 'Fantasy' in this example...
But I'm not asking for collections for every tag but one. I'm asking for one collection containing every book that does not have the tag.
Closed Thread