Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Eibhilin
Eibhilin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Things not really working in Vista Ultimate 64

calibre launches just fine, starts right up, no problem. Then I click "Add books", and NOTHING. I restart the app a couple times, finally I get the drop down to add books... select my directory... hit okay, try to select the books in the window. Nothing. I reopen, and I can select them. Awesome. Right click, convert books, bulk convert, and I can't change any of the options under bulk convert for the books. Can't select page setup, structure detection, Table of Contents, anything. Can't choose output format... but it just goes to convert after I hit "enter". Unless I restart the app like 10 times, then I might be able to edit?

This has been the case for the past three or so builds for me, I'm not sure if it's my system or what's going on with it, I just know I massively prefer calibre to any other apps I've used and was wondering if anyone else has had these issues, and what I can do?
Eibhilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Eibhilin

Hopefully you'll get some answers soon....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You wouldn't happen to be using a Wacom tablet by any chance?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Eibhilin

Er actually yeah I am. :/
Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That would be the problem. There's some weird incompatibility between wacom tablets and Qt. Try updating your Wacom drivers, or attaching an extra mouse and using that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Eibhilin

Wow, thanks! (That was fast!)

And that did it. XD
Old 09-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
BLT
BLT began at the beginning.

Device: none
Latest Wacom Driver no help

I am having the same issues on a machine running Win7 Ultimate 64 with a Wacom tablet.

I updated to the latest tablet drivers on the Wacom site, and there was no apparent improvement.
BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
or attaching an extra mouse and using that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT View Post
I updated to the latest tablet drivers on the Wacom site, and there was no apparent improvement.
I haven't heard drivers working, your solution is quoted above.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote