Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I thought I'd hijack this thread, sorry! I'm just wondering if it's worth reading the Poirot's in the reading order? I'd like to read the major ones (if you get what I mean) in chronological order before I read the minor ones but don't want any of the minor ones to be spoiled!
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I thought I'd hijack this thread, sorry! I'm just wondering if it's worth reading the Poirot's in the reading order? I'd like to read the major ones (if you get what I mean) in chronological order before I read the minor ones but don't want any of the minor ones to be spoiled!
I would try, but I've never seen Christie give away one book in another (occasionally she alludes to other cases, but that's about as far as it gets).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I would try, but I've never seen Christie give away one book in another (occasionally she alludes to other cases, but that's about as far as it gets).
Actually, in the case of the "Poirot" books it happens "big time", so it's a very good idea to read them in order; he frequently refers back to his earlier cases and gives away the solution. Eg, in "Cards on the Table", he gives away the solution to "Murder on the Orient Express", while in "Hercule Poirot's Christmas", he describes the solution to "Three Act Tragedy". There are also minor characters who appear in multiple books, and often refer back to their previous encounters with Poirot. It really is advisable to read them in the right order .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Ghostwalk
Ghostwalk began at the beginning.

Device: none
I started reading Christie’s during my teen; and occasionally now still read her, and find the stories as delightful. I think one doesn’t read Christie’s for literary value; Christie is not Joyce after all. But if you enjoy puzzles as I do, you’d find that this lady constructed some of the most formidably elegant puzzles in the history of the genre. Over the years, I’ve read many more crime/mystery stories from various other writers, and nobody came close. Do I like Agatha Christie's? I do.

Last edited by Ghostwalk; 12-29-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Ghostwalk is offline   Reply With Quote