Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Fun little sig game

Perhaps everyone else on the web already knows about this, but I found a fun little game to play with one's signature in forums. It's at http://dragcave.net. Privacy terms look ok (though if someone has info about this, please post!) One registers, then starts adopting eggs. Adopting an egg generates a block to insert into your signature in online forums or other places people might view an image. After the eggs have been viewed uniquely a certain number of times, they hatch, and the dragons start to mature-- this is also displayed in the signature. I'm just trying it with one as an experiment. Hatching and maturation can apparently also be hastened along with unique clicks on the egg/dragon. Once one has a few adult dragons, they may breed and produce more eggs. It's kind of an amusing way of graphing online activity (across multiple sites, even).

I thought it was somewhat clever and rather cute.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
MR is not letting me use any of the code to add the egg to my signature. I just keep getting "invalid URL" errors.

Well, it took about 16 tries .... but it finally worked.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 01-08-2009 at 01:02 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh! They're hatching!

Hey, one of Ricky's is hatching too!

(Hey, Ricky got a special egg!)
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
so are those black patches the holes in the shells ? did the dragons come out yet ? where are they ? so many questions...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so are those black patches the holes in the shells ? did the dragons come out yet ? where are they ? so many questions...
1 - Yes
2 - no
3 - hiding inside the eggs (I guess they're shy!)
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

will they come out faster if i click on them, or will that make them autistic or something ?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Maybe one click each-- I think overdoing it can make them sick. (The rules are deliberately obscure on points like these.) Actually, if you've clicked on them each once already, I don't think another click will do anything. You could click on the mint green one, if you're feeling restless.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

yeah, i already clicked on them the first day you got them (but i haven't clicked on them since then. i hope you're impressed by my self-restraint). i suppose i'll just have to wait. i'm heartened by the fact that they've already got holes in their shells. clearly the gestation period of dragons is a lot shorter than i would have expected. i'm actually deliberately *not* clicking on the green one, just to see if that makes any difference. in the name of science, you know.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Very impressed with your self-restraint.

I think they only take a few days or a week to grow up, as well, though they go through a couple of stages, and those probably take several days each. Once they reach maturity, they might start producing eggs of their own, which could be sort of fun.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Um, I couldn't resist and clicked on the green one, at least partly because it says they die if they haven't hatched in a certain period
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

No problem about clicking the green one. It's only had four clicks so far.

The others all developed "soft shell sickness" again, so I had to hide them. I should be able to unhide them again in a few hours, before they actually hatch.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The others all developed "soft shell sickness" again, so I had to hide them. I should be able to unhide them again in a few hours, before they actually hatch.
sheesh, again ??? you would think dragons would be more robust than that, wouldn't you ?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

The young 'uns seem to be a bit fragile, it's true. They seemed to be healthy again this evening, so I unfogged them.

Ricky, I think what happens next is that their little heads poke out of the egg. If you want to see an assortment of dragons in various life stages, see http://dragcave.net/wilderness

Edit: the server seems a bit overloaded right now, but this should work later.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Two of your eggs have turned to mist!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yeah, they got "soft shell disease" again, due to too many viewings in too short a period of time, so I had to hide them in a fog. But they're back again today.