Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
igp
igp is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-900BC
Calibre E-book Viewer

I was wondering if there is any way to hide the side bar and the top bar in the viewer. I don't use either when I am reading a book and they take up screen space and are distracting.

If you can not hide them, then I would like to make a feature request to be able to do so. Preferably individually (IE toggle sidebar, top-bar, and scroll-bar all separately).

Any help will be appreciated!

quick edit: I enjoy using the reader in windowed mode because it allows me to multitask much easier than using full-screen. I am aware that all of these can be hidden or are hidden upon entering full-screen.

Last edited by igp; 01-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.
igp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
+1 These options would be a nice feature. I would also like the choice of small icons or large icons in the toolbar.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by igp View Post
I was wondering if there is any way to hide the side bar and the top bar in the viewer. I don't use either when I am reading a book and they take up screen space and are distracting.

If you can not hide them, then I would like to make a feature request to be able to do so. Preferably individually (IE toggle sidebar, top-bar, and scroll-bar all separately).

quick edit: I enjoy using the reader in windowed mode because it allows me to multitask much easier than using full-screen. I am aware that all of these can be hidden or are hidden upon entering full-screen.
There is a toggle full screen icon on the side-bar which removes both side-bar and top when reading - the one with four arrows - 8th down
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Sorry didn't read your quick edit part - just ignore me.
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Drag the bars to the sides. I keep the bar on the Right side. It never made sense for a right-handed person to have to cross over the book to click a button .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer-side.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	99324  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have moved the bar to the side but had an accident. I moved it too far off, (to the left), and now I can't move it back again because the handle has disappeared off the side of the screen. - any ideas on how to move it back?

Full screen mode does indeed hide them, but I don't always want to work full screen. When proof-reading and making corrections I need two windows to be visible, (the book viewer and a text editor), but I only have a single monitor.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Just the obvious: manually alter the file where the viewer keeps the position information - assuming there is such a file and that its in a readable form.

But there should probably be a "reset GUI to default" function within calibre and the viewer in case something like this happens again. (I'm assuming that calibre's GUI can be altered in a similar manner.) Probably a context menu function to the main window as it cannot be dependent on the menu/toolbar.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
Agama
Guru

Thanks, I found the file: viewer.json but there was nothing obvious relating to toolbar positions so I renamed the file so that the viewer wouldn't find it. This fixed things and created a new viewer.json.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #9
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Great! I'm glad to be of help.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
Agama
Guru

Quote:
There is now a way! The calibre developer/s have kindly provided us with a new option in 0.9.15:

Settings > Miscellaneous options > Show controls in the viewer window.

You can also toggle it on/off using the right-click context menu.

Many thanks to whoever implemented this, it works perfectly.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #11
igp
igp is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-900BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
There is now a way! The calibre developer/s have kindly provided us with a new option in 0.9.15:

Settings > Miscellaneous options > Show controls in the viewer window.

You can also toggle it on/off using the right-click context menu.

Many thanks to whoever implemented this, it works perfectly.
Indeed, many thanks to the developers!
igp is offline   Reply With Quote