Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Standalone FlightCrew

Since I've (at least briefly) crawled out from under my rock, I thought I'd ask a question/request.

At least on Linux, standalone FlightCrew 0.7.2 gui doesn't take an ePub as a command-line argument -- or at least it doesn't put it as the ePub to check when chosen using "Open With" from the file manager. Listed in the selection textbox is always the previously checked ePub (fine when you're checking and rechecking, not so good when you first want to check an ePub.)

Would that be possible -- I'd like to just select an ePub in the file manager and check it without having to run the app then run the file tree again to re-find the ePub.

Am I being clear?

Aloha.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Since I've (at least briefly) crawled out from under my rock, I thought I'd ask a question/request.

At least on Linux, standalone FlightCrew 0.7.2 gui doesn't take an ePub as a command-line argument -- or at least it doesn't put it as the ePub to check when chosen using "Open With" from the file manager. Listed in the selection textbox is always the previously checked ePub (fine when you're checking and rechecking, not so good when you first want to check an ePub.)

Would that be possible -- I'd like to just select an ePub in the file manager and check it without having to run the app then run the file tree again to re-find the ePub.

Am I being clear?

Aloha.
I made this request to Valloric for a CLI so I could use Open With (Calibre to validate Epubs. Itt would be cool if it could return a Pass/Fail that I could have OPen with set a T/F column with)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's just as easy to drag/drop the ePub onto the open FlightCrew window as it is to open with. I do the drag/drop from Windows Explorer. Works very well and is very easy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I don't leave it open when I'm not checking an epub, but thanks.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
I don't leave it open when I'm not checking an epub, but thanks.
I don't as well. I just run it when I want to use it, go to Windows Explorer to find the ePub I want to verify and drag/drop to FC and away it validates.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
capidamonte

I just spent some time building a zenity dialog that runs epubcheck and outputs to a dialog from a right-click selection in my file manager.

Now I don't have to open a terminal and type.

Looking for a similar solution for flightcrew, not a workaround.

Aloha.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
FC and stdio

A stdio for flight crew would be very helpful.

For now, I start Sigil from my html editor and run error check and then close and discard.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
how is Flightcrew compared to Sigil's internal validator?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
how is Flightcrew compared to Sigil's internal validator?
It is the same validator. The main difference is that the internal one checks the ePub as loaded into Sigil while the standalone one checks an ePub file. Thus the internal one sees an ePub that may have been altered as part of the epub loading process or editing process. Some extraneous files in the ePub may not even have been loaded into Sigil.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote