Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
simonz
simonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
MacWorld recipe - only headlines - no articles

The MacWorld recipe stopped working for me a couple of months ago. Previously, it would retrieve headlines and full articles. Now it only retrieves the headlines but no article content. I tried this on computers with different IP's and still get the same result.

Has anyone see this problem or know of a solution?
simonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
I continue to have this same problem and would like to know how to fix it or find an alternative for complete mac news. Too much going on and I've got this new MBA here so I need to keep up more!

Advice appreciated.

"Now it only retrieves the headlines but no article content."
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by daletsteele View Post
"Now it only retrieves the headlines but no article content."
This means the site has changed. The recipe can still read the feed to get the headlines, but not the article pages. The recipe will need to be rewritten.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
mjm2705
mjm2705 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The Mac World UK recipe appears broken in that it only displays section headers, no content. Similar to the original posters problem?

The US based Mac World recipe still works but I like my UK specific content ... anything that can be done?
mjm2705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
macworld