Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #2506
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Sorry, wrong thread...

Last edited by Rickkins; 12-08-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #2507
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Wrong thread, try again (she can not have a PW-1 if it is running 5.7.anything).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #2508
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Wrong thread, try again (she can not have a PW-1 if it is running 5.7.anything).
Def says 5.7.4

Does that mean pw-2..??

Ooops, sorry about the wrong thread thing. Last time I was here, there was only one thread... my bad...

Last edited by Rickkins; 12-08-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #2509
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Def says 5.7.4

Does that mean pw-2..??

Ooops, sorry about the wrong thread thing. Last time I was here, there was only one thread... my bad...
Did she buy new or used?
Neither the PW-1 nor the PW-2 are in production any longer.
So if she purchased new, it is neither of those.

*) Go to (two entries below here in the index as I write this) :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
*) Complete Step #1 of the Step-by-Step section
*) Return here when you can tell us the nickname of what device your wife has.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #2510
Rickkins
Groupie

Bought used, money is tight...

Ok, so PW2, PW2IL (B017, *9017 )

Thanks
Old 12-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #2511
Rickkins
Groupie

Wait a minute, this IS the right thread.
Are you trying to confuse me...

Last edited by Rickkins; 12-08-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #2512
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Nope: while you have a PW2, your firmware needs the other thread. This thread is for firmwares from 5.0 to 5.4.4.2 Your firmware is higher.
For your firmware you need this thread.

That is why it is clarified in the title.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #2513
Rickkins
Groupie

Uh, ok. Thanks.

I'm going to bed now, I'm old and it's past my bedtime...
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #2514
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
It used to be the right thread, but it is not the current, right, thread.

Follow the current, correct, supported, thread.
That one will refer you back here at the appropriate point.

Trust me, you do not want to jump into the middle of the process by ignoring all that goes before and comes after what you read here.

Old?
What is that?
Can you beat 71?
I just got back from a regular doctor's visit yesterday, she confirms it, I am still alive.
Although I must continue to cut back in my involvement here (or take a ton more BP meds).

Last edited by knc1; 12-09-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #2515
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Old?
What is that?
Can you beat 71?
I just got back from a regular doctor's visit yesterday, she confirms it, I am still alive.
Although I must continue to cut back in my involvement here (or take a ton more BP meds).
Ok, only 61 here, but it's like the old saying: "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of my body"....

Thanks, I think I've got it down now, insofar as where to read.

(and as for meds, my pharmacist just put a new wing on his house....)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #2516
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ok, only 61 here, but it's like the old saying: "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of my body"....

Thanks, I think I've got it down now, insofar as where to read.

(and as for meds, my pharmacist just put a new wing on his house....)
I am limiting myself to answering Jail break related questions now.
Mostly because I had a hand in getting the current one to work.

Any of our other members here can answer the other subject questions, probably better than I can.

(Med. expenses?
The VA is requesting that the DoD host one less war next year so they can support my med requirements.)

Last edited by knc1; 12-09-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #2517
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
I am limiting myself to answering Jail break related questions now.
Mostly because I had a hand in getting the current one to work.

Any of our other members here can answer the other subject questions, probably better than I can.

(Med. expenses?
The VA is requesting that the DoD host one less war next year so they can support my med requirements.)
Hehehe.... I feel ya.
Anyhoo, I may give it a go this evening, after the wifey goes to bed.(it's easier that way)

Any day above ground...

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #2518
Rickkins
Groupie

Ok, I'm about to start the jail break, having upgraded my os to rid myself of the stupid kindle crash bug in win10 anniversary edition.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #2519
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Ok, I'm about to start the jail break, having upgraded my os to rid myself of the stupid kindle crash bug in win10 anniversary edition.
10th anniversary edition?
Anniversary of what?
It has only been 8 years since:

Old 12-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #2520
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
10th anniversary edition?
Anniversary of what?
It has only been 8 years since:

Hehehe, I meant of course windows 10, anniversary edition, which of course completely crashed each and every damn time a kindle was plugged in. I shit you not, ya just can't make this crap up....

Anyhoo, I think everything went ok, boots right into the koreader filemanager, so it's all good, so far.

Doing this first thing in the morning seems to be way better than just before bed....

Thanks for all the help....

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch