Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
thunderchild
thunderchild began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Lightbulb Maximum Memory Card Size

I have decided to buy an adapter for the SMC to XD card. I know the SMC size limit is 128mb as this is the largest size SMC but would this be the maximum for the XD card too?

I know the adapter will stick out when in use but this will not bother me that much. I have a 512mb card so I will try that when it arrives but the adapter only cost me £4.99 and f I can put a 2gig card in it for only £9.99 then the bit sticking will not be that much of a bother!!!!
thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Good question!

I don't know the answer, but this website has some comments about using a max. 128 MB for the xD card.

Let's us know of your conquests (or failures)!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
Pafka
Pafka began at the beginning.

Device: IPAQ
Question

Sorry, but your question is really confusing. The adapter will let you use SMC card, where only XD is supported, and the capacity of the card won't make any difference at all. Also, what is the type of 512mb card? And what is the type of the 2GB card you're planning to buy? Anyway, try checking out http://www.memory.co.uk . It has loads of information about different types of cards and formats, also it has information about the adapters, so it might be really helpful for you. Sorry if I misunderstood you, and I hope my explanation was at least a little bit helpful. Good luck
Pafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 AM   #4
thunderchild

I have tried to use the adaptor to use XD cards but the Ebookwise is not having it. I have refomatted the XD card but there is no way I can get the device to recognise the card. I have tried my 128mb and a 16mb XD cards and neither work.

Any suggestions on how to get the unit to recognise the cards? I know that the adaptor works as it reads the cards through my computers SMC memory card slot.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok some things to do:

1. The card should be formatted using type: FAT (not FAT32) on a PC.
2. Try formatting the card in another device like camera using a xD or SM card.
3. Try formatting the card in the EBW1150 device itself (i.e. before power on; hold the page down button and while still holding it power on; Arranging your Bookshelf message appears; then tap menu (little ebook guy at top-left), then info, then more, then more again. Tap erase external to format the card. Be careful here! Turn off to exit this special mode)

You may already have done these things, but that's all I can think of doing to get the card recognized by the ebook reader.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
thunderchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Ok some things to do:

3. Try formatting the card in the EBW1150 device itself (i.e. before power on; hold the page down button and while still holding it power on; Arranging your Bookshelf message appears; then tap menu (little ebook guy at top-left), then info, then more, then more again. Tap erase external to format the card. Be careful here! Turn off to exit this special mode)

You may already have done these things, but that's all I can think of doing to get the card recognized by the ebook reader.
I cannot get this mode to happen. All i get is when it powers on a message sayong "this is the first page"
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchild View Post
I cannot get this mode to happen. All i get is when it powers on a message sayong "this is the first page"
Try this again:

1. turn off the ebook reader
2. hold/press the 'page down' button (the bottom of the two buttons on the left).
3. While still holding that 'page down' button; power on the reader (with the other hand ).
4. see that message now?
5. if not , repeat 1-4!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
thunderchild

Nick,

Same message i'm afraid!

Sam
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Nick,

Same message i'm afraid!

Sam
Can you write here what you do/did?

( And don't just cut and paste my instructions. )
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Nick,

Same message i'm afraid!

Sam
Do you have a SM card? If so, try the steps with it in place just to see if the XD card is messing something up. You might also try it will no card in place. The procedure should work.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
thunderchild

I followed your instructions.

Insterted adapter and xd card into reader
Held the page down button
Powered up (with other hand)
Same meassage "this is the first page" over the bookshelf appeared.
Repeated 2-3 times, same happened.

Ant ideas?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
nrapallo

Quote:
I followed your instructions.

Insterted adapter and xd card into reader
Held the page down button
Powered up (with other hand)
Same meassage "this is the first page" over the bookshelf appeared.
Repeated 2-3 times, same happened.

Ant ideas?

Well, that then means your xD card in the adapter is NOT being recognized by the reader. Try as DaleDe suggested with the SM installed. Does the procedure work for it? If so, then you need to examine why the adapter is not working first!