Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
One of the best LOLCats ever

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Too late for my kitty......

By the way........what do you feed yours? True story here. Have been feeding mine Science Diet kibble........what we feed our other cats years ago. Was supposed to be the best on the market. So he starts puking yellow foam and being lethargic.........called the vet, she listened to symptoms, and asked what we were feeding him.

Seems that Science Diet is now including WAY more grains (ie corn) in their make-up. Of course we have a kitty sensitive to this (she says its getting more and more common) and it inflamed his intestines. So now we get to buy something called AVO which is entirely meat based. And guess what. Even the some of the canned food has grains.
Interesting.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Too late for my kitty......

By the way........what do you feed yours? True story here. Have been feeding mine Science Diet kibble........what we feed our other cats years ago. Was supposed to be the best on the market. So he starts puking yellow foam and being lethargic.........called the vet, she listened to symptoms, and asked what we were feeding him.

Seems that Science Diet is now including WAY more grains (ie corn) in their make-up. Of course we have a kitty sensitive to this (she says its getting more and more common) and it inflamed his intestines. So now we get to buy something called AVO which is entirely meat based. And guess what. Even the some of the canned food has grains.
Interesting.
My cats are on a combination of Fancy Feast, Natural Balance dry (I think that's what it's called ... it's Dick Van Patten's brand) and Kittenkaboodle dry.

They love it, and so far it hasn't been on any of the recall lists. Of course, there are vets who do not like those foods, however, I prefer to go by the fact that even some of my sickest cats routinely live to their 20s to show that what I feed them does them more good than harm.

However, naturally, there are people who will say that my experience should count for nothing in forming my opinion, and that I should simply do what the vets say should be done (despite the fact that they are generally selling the foods they want to be fed, and at quite a markup). I choose to go with my experience, but wouldn't want to foist my opinion on anyone else.

So, please do feel free to totally ignore anything I have to say on the matter. I do hope that you are able to find a food that your cat can tolerate.

As for the photo .... made me pee my pants.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
My cats are on a combination of Fancy Feast, Natural Balance dry (I think that's what it's called ... it's Dick Van Patten's brand) and Kittenkaboodle dry.

They love it, and so far it hasn't been on any of the recall lists. Of course, there are vets who do not like those foods, however, I prefer to go by the fact that even some of my sickest cats routinely live to their 20s to show that what I feed them does them more good than harm.

However, naturally, there are people who will say that my experience should count for nothing in forming my opinion, and that I should simply do what the vets say should be done (despite the fact that they are generally selling the foods they want to be fed, and at quite a markup). I choose to go with my experience, but wouldn't want to foist my opinion on anyone else.

So, please do feel free to totally ignore anything I have to say on the matter. I do hope that you are able to find a food that your cat can tolerate.

As for the photo .... made me pee my pants.
Hey, if he eats this stuff and doesn't' puke I"m happy. Nothing like following a cat around, and trying to grab him right before 'the event' to get him to the vinyl floor........But i really think there has got to be something comparable for less than what i'm paying....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hey, if he eats this stuff and doesn't' puke I"m happy. Nothing like following a cat around, and trying to grab him right before 'the event' to get him to the vinyl floor........But i really think there has got to be something comparable for less than what i'm paying....
Ha .... tell me about it. When you've got as many cats as I do, cleaning up the puke is a regular part of every day. It happens from time to time no matter what they eat.
Advert