Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
I need 2 infos from dr1000s owners

please some dr1000 owner ask those questions:

1-is it true, as one dr1000 user told me, that enabling continuous page mode some times the reader, while changing pages, does a double screen refresh to put one or two pixel space between the different pages ?

2-is there any option somewhere on the dr1000 to turn off the pen (the wacom) besides to put the pen inside its place ?

thank you
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
For V 1.7.1

1) No

2) You can turn the pen off in the settings. Putting the pen in its slot does not turn the pen off.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
1. I am not sure what a "double screen refresh" is. What I have noticed with the 2.0 beta and RC1, though, is that in continuous page mode the next page ends up being a copy of the current (i.e. previous) page and I have to scroll up with the stylus a line or two for it to correctly refresh the new page to actually have its own real content.

2. I don't use the stylus that came with the DR1000. It has remained in its "slot" ever since I bought it. I use a different (larger) stylus, and am therefore very happy that putting the supplied stylus in its slot DOES NOT turn off the wacom sensitivity of the device.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplogSplog View Post

2. I don't use the stylus that came with the DR1000. It has remained in its "slot" ever since I bought it. I use a different (larger) stylus, and am therefore very happy that putting the supplied stylus in its slot DOES NOT turn off the wacom sensitivity of the device.
ah ok.. so you have only the option to disable the pen.. and exactly what icon is used to do this and where is it ? (in the setting page I guess..)
if you can post a pic of it, it would be good..
ah and I would like really to see even a photo of 2 subsequent pages shown in continuous page mode.. I mean in the screen should be shown the end of a page and the beginning of the subsequent one..
I'm just curious of what continuous exactly means..

Last edited by repods; 06-07-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
2-is there any option somewhere on the dr1000 to turn off the pen (the wacom) besides to put the pen inside its place ?
Why do you want to turn off the wacom layer? As other's have mentioned, putting the pen inside it's slot does not turn off the wacom. The iLiad used to do that, but the DR1000 never did.

Some people have gotten the impression that turning off the wacom layer will save a lot of power, but it's not really true. Not writing on the screen will save power, but whether the wacom layer is on/off doesn't make much difference as long as you are not actively writing. It basically just sits idle and doesn't use much power.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
There's a menu option to switch off the pen. But why? The device is designed around pen use and so works much easier with it.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Quote:
please some dr1000 owner ask those questions:

1-is it true, as one dr1000 user told me, that enabling continuous page mode some times the reader, while changing pages, does a double screen refresh to put one or two pixel space between the different pages ?
That's true in the case of heavy PDF files, especially scans.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
That's true in the case of heavy PDF files, especially scans.
perfect..

can someone post a photo of where in the dr1000 the pen can be disabled.. thanks..
Old 06-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
Trickereader
Trickereader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92,Irex DR1000S, Bookeen Gen3, Sony PRS500
Pictures

Here are pictures I took of my Irex v1.7.1 :
* The stylus pages (Settings then Personal preferences, stylus settings are at the bottom)
* Continuous page on a pdf in landscape (I don't have pictures on my DR but I can put some if you want to see with pictures)

Sorry for the flash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	53058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Personal_preferences.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	53059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Continuous.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	53060  
Trickereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #10
repods
Addict

ok thanks so it's under personal preferences..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickereader View Post
* The stylus pages (Settings then Personal preferences, stylus settings are at the bottom)
* Continuous page on a pdf in landscape (I don't have pictures on my DR but I can put some if you want to see with pictures)

Sorry for the flash
me bad..
hell.. I would need those photos but under RC2 not 1.7.01 !
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
I don't think you can disable it anymore, but you don't need other people to make pictures. Download the RC2 for the DR1000, extract the zip file. It contains a rootfs.bin, which is a jffs2 image. See this thread for instructions to mount it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75946
check the directory /usr/share/ctb/settings, this contains desktop files for each settings page, most of which are handled by /usr/bin/settings.

For page flow: just copy /usr/bin/uds from the dr1000 image to your emulator, overwrite the old uds. When you open a document in the emulator, you can enable page flow mode, and use panning. You may also want to replace /usr/bin/popupmenu. Unfortunately, the toolbar icons don't work, that might be fixed by changing the resolution (search for fbset in the iRex development manual)
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
I don't think you can disable it anymore, but you don't need other people to make pictures. Download the RC2 for the DR1000, extract the zip file. It contains a rootfs.bin, which is a jffs2 image. See this thread for instructions to mount it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75946
check the directory /usr/share/ctb/settings, this contains desktop files for each settings page, most of which are handled by /usr/bin/settings.

For page flow: just copy /usr/bin/uds from the dr1000 image to your emulator, overwrite the old uds. When you open a document in the emulator, you can enable page flow mode, and use panning. You may also want to replace /usr/bin/popupmenu. Unfortunately, the toolbar icons don't work, that might be fixed by changing the resolution (search for fbset in the iRex development manual)
no you didn't understand..
I wanted just to see where stylus get disabled in dr1000 beta or rc2 firmware.. if still it can be disabled..
for the uds .. I know obviously I know..
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
no you didn't understand..
I wanted just to see where stylus get disabled in dr1000 beta or rc2 firmware.. if still it can be disabled..
for the uds .. I know obviously I know..
Please state your questions a little more clearly then. With what I told you, you could check every settings screen yourself, in the emulator, and see if the stylus could still be disabled in the 2.0 firmware. I can't find it, so I don't think it's possible anymore to do so via the settings screen, but you can check for yourself if you want.

It might still be possible to disable the stylus, maybe through gconf directly. The gconf value affected by the setting in the 1.7 firmware is /apps/er/sys/power/use_stylus (true or false)
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #15
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickereader View Post

Sorry for the flash
thank you again but I really need pictures from beta 2 or rc to speed up things ..
or at last I need to know if the stylus can be still disabled in dr1000 beta2 and in what menu..