Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #346
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
system ui mod

hello all
i would like to share my some mod app
upzip the file you can find 3 files inside
framework-res.apk
Settings.apk
SystemUI.apk

you can replace the file, but plsssssss backup the ori file first
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (5.43 MB, 253 views)
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #347
lekofraggle
lekofraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, nexus, iPad
Thanks Chriscsh, I learned a lot about apk multitool. What changes did you make to these other than the language?

Last edited by lekofraggle; 09-01-2014 at 11:00 PM.
lekofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #348
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Thanks Chriscsh, I learned a lot about apk multitool. What changes did you make to these other than the language?
i have some ui update, make it more eink friendly
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #349
sjps
sjps began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi guys,
I successfully installed Android n my Touch 905C. It works but I do have a few problems:
1) some parts are in German... especially when shutting down.
2) I was able to download some programs from Play Store, but now I get an error every time. When I try to download Script Manager for example, I get the error "Error retrieving information from server (RPC:S-7:AEC-0)". On the internet they say I must delete my user account with Google, but I am unable to find my User Account under settings. Any help?
3) When I try to add programs to the "desktop" I get an error. For instance, clicking on the Plus next to Play Store, I just get the error "An error occurred".

Great job at porting Android to the Kobo. I salute you!
sjps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #350
scorpioprise
scorpioprise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Hi all, I installed on a touch 905C but I can't access to my account I'm doing probably something wrong...
I've got to play store app, launched the existing account, (mail and password are correct because i can access from my PC)and... nothing, could not connect to server, while wifi is at maximum strength (about 35cm distance...) seems there's no stable connection...
scorpioprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #351
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
I wonder if it would be possible to use Text to Speach with a Kobo Glo once Android is installed.
Though there is no earphone jack, wouldn't it be possible to use a wifi earphone or some other device, even a PC to listen to books from, let's say FBreader so you can read and listen at the same time?
Regards.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #352
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
There is no app to check really the battery usage? The integrated one sits in the tray indicating always that the battery is full until the device does not power up anymore

Better yet if when the battery chargement is at 10 or 5% an alert "battery low" is shown so I know I have to charge the device as soon as possible...
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #353
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoI View Post
There is no app to check really the battery usage? The integrated one sits in the tray indicating always that the battery is full until the device does not power up anymore
What device you have and what image are you using?
I have a Glo and I'm using the [MarekGibek's]+++ as starting point (see first post).
The battery meter is not that accurate around the ranges of 100-75% and 25-0% (this is a problem with the Kobo devices, not Android's) but its working close enough for me.
Quote:
Better yet if when the battery chargement is at 10 or 5% an alert "battery low" is shown so I know I have to charge the device as soon as possible...
There is a warning at the 5% but most of the time it just closes.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #354
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Just curious - any chance that this could be adapted for the H20? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Aura HD, and this would be one pertinent piece of info. Thanks!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #355
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Just curious - any chance that this could be adapted for the H20? I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Aura HD, and this would be one pertinent piece of info. Thanks!
If you want and ebook reader with android, it's better to go with the Onyx T68.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:24 AM   #356
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Unhappy

Hi All.

Fist thanks to every one make this real. My kobo glo now run dual boot perfect.

I try to Kill the Screen LEDS
by Code:

#!/system/bin/sh
echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/mxc_msp430_fl.0/brightness

But it say: " directory none existent"

What is wrong??? How can i do?

EDIT: NOW I CAN DO IT BY COPY CODE AND SAVE it to XXX.SH in Windows (notepad ++)

BUT HOW I CAN MAKE A SHORTCUT TO TURN OFF WHEN I NEED?

AND WHAT IS "DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" APP?, WHAT IS "MOUNT SD CARD" APP? ANYONE CAN UPLOAD THESE APPS? BECAUSE I CANT FIND THESE APP.
THANKS

Which code :
#!/system/bin/sh
ioctl -d /dev/ntx_io 127 0

Now I can turn off the led blinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscsh View Post
hello all
i would like to share my some mod app
upzip the file you can find 3 files inside
framework-res.apk
Settings.apk
SystemUI.apk

you can replace the file, but plsssssss backup the ori file first
How i can replace these files? Because in the Kobo Android, when i replace, it denied.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150430_160250_20150430_160434.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	137749   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150430_160302_20150430_160435.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	137750   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150430_160340_20150430_160436.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	137751  

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-30-2015 at 08:31 AM.
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #357
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by huuduc1kk2 View Post
AND WHAT IS "DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" APP?, WHAT IS "MOUNT SD CARD" APP? ANYONE CAN UPLOAD THESE APPS? BECAUSE I CANT FIND THESE APP.
In the first post of this threads there are some links and info about these apps (- The Apps - section).
The "Auto Mount Your SD Card" apps seems to be out of the Play Store.
I uploaded it here.
Here is also a modified version without the add.
Quote:
How i can replace these files? Because in the Kobo Android, when i replace, it denied.
You can try the ES Explorer at the Root Mode (read the first post - The Tips - section).
It worked for me some months ago ...
Old 04-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #358
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Wow this looks so exactly like what I want, how did I miss this?

Would this mean Android apps like Scribd would work?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #359
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Would this mean Android apps like Scribd would work?
The current version of Scribd (3.10.1) needs Android 4.x and up, so it doesn't work.
I did find though version 3.8.1 and it installs OK.
I opened it and it seems to work OK but since I don't have an account I couldn't test anything else.

Last edited by embryo; 04-30-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #360
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Cool

oh, Thanks Embryo.
With me, minimum Brightness is enough. ��. I want a app can turn off "Back light" like the script.Or can i creat a shortcut to run the script?

And have you try Adfree app? I run it but it cant replace host file. ��

I use "X plore" for File manager.
I can use Office suite (ver 6.), InkPad..etc ( You can see the pics, Any do is old version)

PS: I have found the app i need. That is Gscript, it is open source, and can made shortcut to desktop for run the script.
link
https://bitbucket.org/Equidamoid/gsc...pt-android.apk
Thanks everyone, thank Android, Kobo Android perpect now ��

I attached the scripts here, if anyone want use, Un zip it and copy to sdcard, brower by Smanager.
I suggest use Gscript, it more easy than Smanager, but it don't have an option to make the script auto run on start.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SCRIPT.zip (439 Bytes, 185 views)

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-30-2015 at 11:57 PM.
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote