Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #331
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
You can do it with ES File Explorer File Manager
Be sure to turn ON the 'Root Explorer' setting (Left panel > scroll down to see the button).
thanks, but that not work for me
finally i done it in ubuntu
and i have change the bootanimation as well
i attached the file here, see if anyone interest
just copy this file to 'system/media' and replace the old one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.png
Views:	359
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	127131  
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation_1024.zip (93.9 KB, 221 views)
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #332
chriscsh

anyone know how to translate the power menu to other language?

nevermind, i done it

Last edited by chriscsh; 08-26-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #333
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscsh View Post
anyone know how to translate the power menu to other language?

nevermind, i done it
Can you share how to do it?
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #334
lekofraggle
lekofraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, nexus, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
Ditto.
lekofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #335
chriscsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
edit the framework-res.apk with the APK Multi-Tool and replace it in /system/framework

decompile the apk, you can find the file /res/values/strings
and search 'epub'
just edit the text and recompile the apk
replace this in /system/framework

but careful, if something wrong will cause your device bootloop
backup your framework-res.apk before edit it

if u unlucky and got the bootloop
insert your sdcard to ubuntu , and push back your original framework apk file

maybe i can upload my file here later
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #336
lekofraggle

Thanks for the tip, but I do not have a values folder in my res folder.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:36 PM   #337
chriscsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Thanks for the tip, but I do not have a values folder in my res folder.
dont extract the apk
use the function decompile
hope this help
Old 08-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #338
lekofraggle

Yes, that helped. It was decompile. I am almost there. Somehow I corrupted framework-res.apk. so, I have to see what I did in my laziness to cause the bootloop. For those of you as lazy as me, you can easily fix the Britpop by pushing the original file back through adb. You have to mount the filesystem r/w in the shell first though. That way, no need for linux.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #339
recoba23
recoba23 began at the beginning.

Hello! I'm new with kobo glo, and still testing... I have installed latest MarekGibek image (2014-08-07), and I have 2 questions: How can I wake up my ereader, and completely switch off? How can I open/edit sd.img for adding some apps?
recoba23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #340
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoba23 View Post
Hello! I'm new with kobo glo, and still testing... I have installed latest MarekGibek image (2014-08-07), and I have 2 questions: How can I wake up my ereader, and completely switch off?
Although I don't use that image, I think its the same with the previous one.
You can get in and out of suspend mode by sliding the power button and turn it off by slide and hold the power button (you have to select the first option in the following dialog with German words).
You can also long press the (X) virtual button of the "Button Savior" and choose the same first option as before.
Quote:
How can I open/edit sd.img for adding some apps?
You can install the apps while running Android and then backup the image with your computer.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #341
recoba23
recoba23 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Although I don't use that image, I think its the same with the previous one.
You can get in and out of suspend mode by sliding the power button and turn it off by slide and hold the power button (you have to select the first option in the following dialog with German words).
You can also long press the (X) virtual button of the "Button Savior" and choose the same first option as before.
You can install the apps while running Android and then backup the image with your computer.
What image do you use? I slide power button but device doesn't suspend or wake up. I need to connect charger to wake up device... there are other options? Also play store seems not working.
How can I backup the image with my pc?
recoba23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #342
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
What image do you use? I slide power button but device doesn't suspend or wake up. I need to connect charger to wake up device... there are other options? Also play store seems not working.
I use a more customized version of [MarekGibek's]+++ image (see first post for links)
Quote:
How can I backup the image with my pc?
You can use Flash Drive Image Creator.
I use RMPrepUSB, but its a little more complicated.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #343
lekofraggle

Changing the language...

Thanks to criscsh, I was able to change the language of the popups too.

Woo Woo

The error was due to how apk multitool was compiling framework-res.

I had to change compression to 0, and let it use the old resources when it asked. After deleting resources.rc from the Keep folder, it worked...

If anyone else would like it, here is a copy of my framework-res.apk. Someone please let me know if this is a violation or if I am inadvertently posting all of my secret info in this file.
framework-res.apk

Back your old one up before pushing this. If it does not work on your system, it will bootloop. You can fix it by pushing the old one during the bootloop. But, I am not sure I can help beyond that if you get stuck.

Thanks everyone for helping...

~Leko.

P.S. The menus are in English.

Last edited by lekofraggle; 08-30-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:00 AM   #344
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
I slide power button but device doesn't suspend or wake up. I need to connect charger to wake up device... there are other options?
Just realize what is your problem.
I had it also when I opened my Glo.
While I had the back removed, I had to squeeze the front & back of the power button together to make it work.
I had to do it simultaneously while I was sliding it (its easier than it sounds).
After assembling the back I had to be really careful for the button to end up in in the right place.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #345
chriscsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Thanks to criscsh, I was able to change the language of the popups too.

Woo Woo

The error was due to how apk multitool was compiling framework-res.

I had to change compression to 0, and let it use the old resources when it asked. After deleting resources.rc from the Keep folder, it worked...

If anyone else would like it, here is a copy of my framework-res.apk. Someone please let me know if this is a violation or if I am inadvertently posting all of my secret info in this file.
framework-res.apk

Back your old one up before pushing this. If it does not work on your system, it will bootloop. You can fix it by pushing the old one during the bootloop. But, I am not sure I can help beyond that if you get stuck.

Thanks everyone for helping...

~Leko.

P.S. The menus are in English.
glad to see u success to change the language