Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
siddardha
siddardha began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help with setting up a content server

Hi

I read a guide about setting up a content server and when i add the following address in Moon Reader(on android)
http://Myipaddress:8080/opds

It says connecting,and then says connection timed out.

What do i do?

Thanks
siddardha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddardha View Post
Hi

I read a guide about setting up a content server and when i add the following address in Moon Reader(on android)
http://Myipaddress:8080/opds

It says connecting,and then says connection timed out.

What do i do?

Thanks
Does it work when you run the test in Preferences?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
siddardha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Does it work when you run the test in Preferences?
Yes..It opens a browser page with the library

Last edited by siddardha; 08-23-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
NotTaken
Connoisseur
NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle
Are you trying to connect locally through your wired/wireless network or via the internet?

If local, check your firewall settings. Else, check firewall/nat rules - you probably need to setup port forwarding. Check out portforward.com if you need help doing this.
NotTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Yes..It opens a browser page with the library
Does it work from another computer on your local network?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
siddardha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTaken View Post
Are you trying to connect locally through your wired/wireless network or via the internet?

If local, check your firewall settings. Else, check firewall/nat rules - you probably need to setup port forwarding. Check out portforward.com if you need help doing this.
Sorry for the delay in replying

yes,both my mobile and pc are connected to the same network.

One small question....when i hit test server button in calibre it opens up a page,so in moon reader do i have to use the address as shown in the browser or do i use my ip addres.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
siddardha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Does it work from another computer on your local network?
will try that and report back.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
NotTaken
Connoisseur
NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.NotTaken is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in replying

yes,both my mobile and pc are connected to the same network.

One small question....when i hit test server button in calibre it opens up a page,so in moon reader do i have to use the address as shown in the browser or do i use my ip addres.
I believe 'test server' will display your loop back address which is only applicable to that PC. What ip address are you using by the way?

Edit: Does the ip conform to those show under "IPv4 private addresses" on the ip address wiki (I assume you are using ipv4)

Last edited by NotTaken; 08-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.
NotTaken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contnent server, moon reader