Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Is the manage subversion access right page correct? I do not see how to change things. Is it possible to add specific users so they can check in code?

Another thing I really would like to do is to allow other people to upload binaries. But the dist is under my user name so maybe that is not possible or? Now binaries are uploaded in the forum which is a bit unneccessary...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #32
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Tom, you can add users to your subversion repository from within the Trac Admin menu. However, the user needs to register first.

Btw, by default, everyone (including anonymous) has subversion read access. You can change that too from within the Trac Admin menu of your project(s).

No, it's not possible to add multiple FTP user accounts for one specific project. The idea of FTP is really to upload binaries that are specific to your project (like compiled sources). It is not meant as a replacement for the forum attachment feature which is a lot more convenient in many cases.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #33
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
No, it's not possible to add multiple FTP user accounts for one specific project. The idea of FTP is really to upload binaries that are specific to your project (like compiled sources). It is not meant as a replacement for the forum attachment feature which is a lot more convenient in many cases.
Well I am doing releases. i pack the Perl code to a tar file that has a version number an is a release. I put that in the ftp directory. But I do not build the Windows binary. So now somebody in the forum build the binary and attach it and I download it and upload it with ftp. You should not have to search the forum to find out if there are any binaries available so I think that the Window binaries should be available from the same place as the Perl release.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #34
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Tom, you can add users to your subversion repository from within the Trac Admin menu. However, the user needs to register first.

Btw, by default, everyone (including anonymous) has subversion read access. You can change that too from within the Trac Admin menu of your project(s).
I tried that and it is not working or I am misunderstanding something. In the Admin menu I choose "Subversion Access" but the only thing you can do there is remove and create subversion paths.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:08 AM   #35
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well I am doing releases. i pack the Perl code to a tar file that has a version number an is a release. I put that in the ftp directory. But I do not build the Windows binary. So now somebody in the forum build the binary and attach it and I download it and upload it with ftp.
OK, I see the problem. When I added FTP services to the Hub, what I thought of was that at least one if not many developers work on the code of a project (via Subversion), but only one person, the code maintainer, will upload the ready-made binaries (via FTP). The way it's implemented, every developer (the maintainer) starting a new project on the Hub gets his own chrooted FTP account. Technically, it'd be difficult to break out of this restricted environment to allow someone access to someone else's FTP space.

I will keep your suggestion in mind, but I hope that in the mean time you'll be able to solve this problem by using the forum attach feature as a temporary space for the new Windows binaries of your project.
Advert
Old 03-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I tried that and it is not working or I am misunderstanding something. In the Admin menu I choose "Subversion Access" but the only thing you can do there is remove and create subversion paths.
You have to click on the existing path to add users to it. See attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	svn.png
Views:	606
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	11484  
Old 03-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #37
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I will keep your suggestion in mind, but I hope that in the mean time you'll be able to solve this problem by using the forum attach feature as a temporary space for the new Windows binaries of your project.
The forum works. It is just me that have some feeling that attaching 10M files in email or in forum is a bad thing but maybe the world have changed so that is no longer the case. And I realize you can see a forum attachment just as a link to a web server.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #38
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You have to click on the existing path to add users to it. See attached screenshot.
Aha. The problem was that the / link was so small that I did not find it. I tried to click to the right of it because I thought the whole line would maybe be a link.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #39
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Ooh, look! Someone's giving me access to the root of their SVN!
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #40
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Ooh, look! Someone's giving me access to the root of their SVN!
Adam, before you get too excited, think about the first letter of the alphabet
Old 03-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #41
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
The forum works. It is just me that have some feeling that attaching 10M files in email or in forum is a bad thing but maybe the world have changed so that is no longer the case. And I realize you can see a forum attachment just as a link to a web server.
You are right; in the past, it might have been problem when attached files were stored in the database (as a blob) rather than in the file system. Today this is no longer the case -- all attachments are ultimately stored as real files.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #42
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I'm not a developer, rather an enthusiastic user. Whatever you can do to get smart brains to cook up even better things for us is all good in my book! So huzzaa for this initiative!!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #43
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
We're pleased to announce our latest feature: the MobileRead Development Hub.

Every passionate developer and e-book aficionado invited to use the Hub for hosting his or her own open-source projects related to e-books and e-book devices. For every project you get the following features:

Feedback is appreciated.
Any chance of adding a new device. I didn't find the 'Fictionwise eBookwise' mentioned after following your 'New Projects' link. I had started to add 'mobi2imp' but had two problems:

1. the linux name needed to be mobiimp (without the numeric) - Ok did that!
2. the device had to be 'miscellaneous'. - Well, there is a 'Fictionwise eBookwise' device in the forums, do I really have to list it as such!

By the way, I must have not completed the submission because this new project doesn't appear on the Start Page, but the linux name 'mobiimp' has been created.

I would appreciate it if you could DELETE 'mobiimp' and I will start again (once the 'Fictionwise eBookwise' device listing gets added )

Thanks!

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-14-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added to start page now
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 AM   #44
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Nick, it's really just the template (logo + link color) of the Trac Wiki that changes with the choice of e-book device. If you like, I can manually replace the logos of your Fictionwise projects.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #45
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Nick, it's really just the template (logo + link color) of the Trac Wiki that changes with the choice of e-book device. If you like, I can manually replace the logos of your Fictionwise projects.
Alex,

No need to do that for me . I thought the setting was somehow used to "automate" the process of adding a new project i.e. update start page and such.

Then, I noticed that I needed to do that manually anyways.

BTW, the info we get AFTER the new project is created, as tompe pointed out, is not acessible later on. Could you post those links and such on a help page?

Oh, oh, one more (stupid) question. Do I really need to install SVN on my Windows XP machine to upload to the src trunk? I couldn't do upload there with my ftp tools or browser (because it is secured).

Thanks!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, subversion, svn, trac, wiki