Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #196
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
Well!!??
We are sitting here with "worms on our tongues".
Anybody tried this yet? Assessment??
Go to the thread Nate linked above, lots of commentary there and in several other threads as well. No problem here, lots of benefits (usable PDF, epub,more).
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #197
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
Well!!??
We are sitting here with "worms on our tongues".
Anybody tried this yet? Assessment??
is that a real expression ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #198
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
is that a real expression ????
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...22&btnG=Search

TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #199
davedarinkfnx
davedarinkfnx began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader prs-505
Worked but with side effects

It did work and had a much better font and I like the clock. But it had 2 side effects.

1). If I have a book selected and I press the Utilities the Delete Book is no longer there. Meaning you have to connect the reader to a computer to delete either directly from the folder system or use the sony ebook library software to delete.

2). Probably more critical my SD card is no longer recognized. Let me be specific. If I connect the device to a laptop it does see the card but I have many collections and book on the SD card but the book itself, stand alone, won't recognize the card. Huge draw back.

I can't sacrifice 1 and 2 for a better font, sharper look and a clock. I rely too heavily on the SD card to store books. I actually don't much use the internal drive to hold my books.

I was able to easily reinstall the Sony firmware. No issues going back. Any suggestions email me at davedarinkfnx@yahoo.com. Nice try and love to use the hack but can't give up 1 and 2.
davedarinkfnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #200
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Dave, you seem to be working with six months old info. These days, we hack the firmware using PRSCustomizer.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
505, firmware, sony reader