Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #376
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here. I can't read on a black background either but PW is white background but it isn't true white more of warm yellowish white if you get one that is warm or a cool bluish white is you get one with a cool light. Every PW light strength is different but for mine the magic number is 8 to read on and a custom font really makes the difference.

I read for two hours last night with no problems. I was so happy.
I'm near opposite to you.

I need dark black on white to read comfortably. On the PW I had to set the light to 20 to get a white enough background but that washed out the letters (small bold font). After trying 2 PWs it was apparent they weren't going to work for me. A good quality high dpi tablet may do the trick.

Currently reading a paper book from the library and it's still the best reading experience for me.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #377
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I'm near opposite to you.

I need dark black on white to read comfortably. On the PW I had to set the light to 20 to get a white enough background but that washed out the letters (small bold font). After trying 2 PWs it was apparent they weren't going to work for me. A good quality high dpi tablet may do the trick.

Currently reading a paper book from the library and it's still the best reading experience for me.
Try using a different font. I posted a good dark font in the font thread.

Dennis
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #378
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
Try using a different font. I posted a good dark font in the font thread.

Dennis
Thanks, however, I returned by PWs.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #379
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I've been using the one I kept for almost a month now, I think, and I haven't noticed more pronounced color hues at all. As I've said in the past, it still has hues, but they are so faint that I practically have to get out a magnifying glass to see them, so I never notice them. No change in intensity or I would have noticed, believe me. The first one I had got steadily more pink every day. By the time I sent it back, I'd have to say that 80% of the screen was quite pink. The other 20% was a lovely shade of green.
*Sigh* I have now noticed, just in the last 3 days, a change in the intensity of the color hues. When I first noticed it, I was hoping that it was just a momentary thing. Nope. When I wake it up to start reading, it looks perfectly fine, but within a minute or two, I start seeing hues. Needless to say, I'm rather irritated.

On a different note, what is the safest way to clean the screen? I'm noticing fingerprints when I look at it in different angles.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #380
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

On a different note, what is the safest way to clean the screen? I'm noticing fingerprints when I look at it in different angles.
A Microfiber cloth with a dab of water on the cloth.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #381
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
A Microfiber cloth with a dab of water on the cloth.
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #382
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks!
I clean mine once a day and the fingerprints even though you don't really notice them, you know they are there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #383
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
*Sigh* I have now noticed, just in the last 3 days, a change in the intensity of the color hues. When I first noticed it, I was hoping that it was just a momentary thing. Nope. When I wake it up to start reading, it looks perfectly fine, but within a minute or two, I start seeing hues. Needless to say, I'm rather irritated.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened with mine. The way it looks NOW, I would have never kept it, but the hues were extremely faint when I first received it.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #384
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

That happened to my previous PW. It was good when I got it, but after some time developed a lot of intense hues. So strange and frustrating. So far my latest one is good, knock on wood.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #385
JLeighs
Addict

There's really nothing I can do but just live with it. Exchanging it for another one just means I'll have to go through the endless return cycle, and even if I do get a good one, there's no guarantee that it won't develop hues later.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #386
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
There's really nothing I can do but just live with it. Exchanging it for another one just means I'll have to go through the endless return cycle, and even if I do get a good one, there's no guarantee that it won't develop hues later.
If you're sensitive to the colour fringing, I'd honestly suggest that you just return it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. There do seem to be a number of people who are sensitive to it, while others (like me) simply don't see it at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #387
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
That happened to my previous PW. It was good when I got it, but after some time developed a lot of intense hues. So strange and frustrating.

Urgh this is kind of depressing news really...
My replacement is still in the "so far so good" category but I've only had it for 10 days so time will tell I guess.

Last edited by Yolina; 02-15-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #388
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you're sensitive to the colour fringing, I'd honestly suggest that you just return it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. There do seem to be a number of people who are sensitive to it, while others (like me) simply don't see it at all.
Oh, I'll keep it because I can't bear to part with it. Everything else about it is just wonderful. And, maybe I'll get used to the color hues.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #389
JLeighs
Addict

So, after I posted here last night, I was irritated enough to send Jeff Bezos an email. I was very nice and polite. I didn't expect him to personally respond (and he didn't), but I just now received a very nice email from a woman on Amazon's Executive Customer Relations team telling me that Jeff Bezos had received my email and asked her to respond on his behalf. She said that she wanted to acknowledge my email before leaving for the weekend, but that she would follow up early next week. I don't know that I expect the perfect PW out of this (because I don't really believe they exist), but I feel better knowing that they do want to make me, a relatively unimportant customer, happy.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #390
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
So, after I posted here last night, I was irritated enough to send Jeff Bezos an email. I was very nice and polite. I didn't expect him to personally respond (and he didn't), but I just now received a very nice email from a woman on Amazon's Executive Customer Relations team telling me that Jeff Bezos had received my email and asked her to respond on his behalf. She said that she wanted to acknowledge my email before leaving for the weekend, but that she would follow up early next week. I don't know that I expect the perfect PW out of this (because I don't really believe they exist), but I feel better knowing that they do want to make me, a relatively unimportant customer, happy.
I'm glad you followed through and got a response. Hopefully you'll get a better PW out of it, although I feel the same as you, that perfect PW's don't exist. Still, some are better than others, I hope you get a better one. Keep us posted.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote