Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #3091
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Well the closest thing we have to "force fields" in the laboratories right now is magnetically guided plasma. And plasma is hot by its very nature.
I'm sorry, did some wannabe Mad Scientist just say something?

Solitaire1, do you have something to do with this?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #3092
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Not me. Based on the comments here it seems that a force field that repels and also fries is not possible. The solution: two fields. The first field repels, and for those who manage to get through the first field...well the second field will deal with them. Thus the problem of accidental frying is solved.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #3093
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Not me. Based on the comments here it seems that a force field that repels and also fries is not possible. The solution: two fields. The first field repels, and for those who manage to get through the first field...well the second field will deal with them. Thus the problem of accidental frying is solved.
Most interesting. It seems a rather delicate contraption, you will have to isolate the two to prevent interference, which may leave gaps not covered by form of anti-intrusion precautions.

I'm sure you know by now those are some very tricky chickens.

Also, I am pretty sure I saw AprilHare buying some form of protective clothing this morning, at Titanium Haute Enterprises Mfg. (T.H.E.M.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #3094
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Protective clothing is just the beginning of our formidable plans..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:52 AM   #3095
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given up? How typical. Back to what I do best: eating seed.
All your talk and no chicken on the table! How can you show your faces in public?
Old 09-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #3096
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Given up? How typical. Back to what I do best: eating seed.
All your talk and no chicken on the table! How can you show your faces in public?
Not at all. Just because you've haven't seen the chickens we've had doesn't mean we haven't had them. It is possible that there is a dearth of chickens at the local grocery store.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:21 AM   #3097
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
We were wondering how long it'd take before he ate those iron-enriched seeds.

*snags Aprilhare with a giant magnet*
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #3098
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And how do you know we haven't replaced natural chickens with robot chickens.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:40 AM   #3099
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Not at all. Just because you've haven't seen the chickens we've had doesn't mean we haven't had them. It is possible that there is a dearth of chickens at the local grocery store.

drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #3100
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Chicken snuff films?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #3101
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Chicken snuff films?
It's not a snuff film since it is a still image. But it could be the last thing some chickens see.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:54 AM   #3102
AprilHare
Wizard

Oh dear..
Quote:
The Colonel is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures of coldslaw; he leadeth me beside the still gravy.

He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of deliciousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy biscuit, and thy corn, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with vegetable oil; my 64 oz. cup, runneth over.

Surely scrumptiousness and tastiness, shall follow me, all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of Eleven Herbs and Spices, thy K.F.C., forever, and ever.

Amen.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #3103
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's the end of the world! The Anti[Chicken]Christ is arisen! Doomed! Doomed! All doomed!

[Those dang Chick Fil-A cows are his disciples!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:08 AM   #3104
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
It's the end of the world! The Anti[Chicken]Christ is arisen! Doomed! Doomed! All doomed!

[Those dang Chick Fil-A cows are his disciples!]
Don't be afraid. Unless you've ever eaten a chicken: in that case, be afraid.

Very afraid.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:21 AM   #3105
AprilHare
Wizard

Your fearful silence tells me all I need to know.
We, the chickens, rule more than the roost now.
Fear us.

Tags
11 herbs and spices, cajun spiced aprilhare, canibal penguins rule, cluck, kentucky fried poohbear, kfc on the house!!, ready roasted red phoenix, time to eat chicken!