Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Cellphone Novels Top Sellers in Japan

Cellphone novels (keitai shosetsu), aimed primarily at young women, hit the top sellers list in Japan, see article in The New York Times.<--

This article is almost a year old, but it was mentioned on our National Radio today, along with eBook usage in Japan. Thought it deserved a second look.

A more recent article by Dana Goodyear in The NewYorker <--

"The cell-phone novel, or keitai shosetsu, is the first literary genre to emerge from the cellular age" ~ Dana Goodyear

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-16-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote