Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #511
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
COPS 0.6.0

COPS 0.6.0 is out with many new features (First post to download) :

* COPS HTML catalog now use templated client side rendering. You can build your own template if you want. Should be a lot faster.
* Fancybox has been replaced by Magnific Popup, it seems faster.
* Added a way to send book by mail (to send to Kindle or to send to your friends). Thanks to Mario and Gregory for the tests.
* Added expires instruction in .htaccess (won't crash if you haven't enabled mod_expires).
* Upgrade to JQuery 1.10.2.
* Changed the way thumbnails are handled to offer greater visual quality (especially on high pixel density devices : Retina, Nexus, ...).
* Changed all icon by a vectorial font (again better visual quality).
* Added a way to filter books by tags.
* Added a login page (login.html) to allow access to a password protected COPS on a Kobo ereader (that does not support basic auth). Thanks to Goner for the tests.
* Fixed cookie expiry date.
* Added a default web.config for IIS installation.
* The eink style doesn't use shadow anymore.
* Fixed the link to the series in book detail.

The most important changes are behind the scene : the new rendering engine and the new way cover / images are handled. All of this for more speed / visual quality. Now the sad part, I changed a lot of code so even if I'm using this version of COPS for almost a month, there is a high probability of new bugs. Please report them (here or on github) and I'll fix them as quickly as possible.

Beside that there is two enhancements :
* You can send a book by mail. You just have to configure $config['cops_mail_configuration'] with the SMTP server you're using. For now only EPUB, PDF, MOBI can be send, I'll add a config item later. I can be used to send directly to your Kindle.
* All book list in COPS can now be filtered by tags (you can enable it with $config['cops_html_tag_filter'] or in the customize page) and click on the cog to see it. One click on a tag show all books with that tag (and a blue line on the left) another click on the same tag show all books without that tag. Of course you can filter on many tags at once.

It's been a long time since I wanted to add these filters. In my case, I usually use it on the latest additions, click two times on the tag Read to have only the unread books and click one time on another tag (Thriller for example) to only see the books correctly filtered.

Disclaimer : I know some people have Calibre libraries with more 9000 tags. This filtering system is not for them. I have 25 tags (I manually tagged all my books) and it works fine. If you have some ideas about a better version, I'm all ears.

As always, thanks a lot to all the contributors and the beta testers.

About the Synology packages, there's currently some strange stuff happening with Synocommunity (version not available, ...). I'll check that out and keep you posted.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #512
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@pope viper

Can you actually open the AZW format and if yes with what reader / app?

I think that (for now) the AZW format is not supported.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #513
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@vlad59

for COPS

All works (but I knew that )
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #514
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Viper View Post
Vlad -

Now that I've finally got it running (Thanks again, mariosipad!!!!), on the "Show All Books", rather than displaying all the books by letter, is there a way to pull back ALL the books (without being broken out), and provide pagination for the results?

I also saw this:

Entry indicates there are no book formats available, but when you click on the book, there is a format.

Not sure if this is Calibre or COPS.
In fact the book formats shown in the book list come from a config item. You just have to add this line to your config_local.php and it should work fine :

Code:
$config['cops_prefered_format'] = array ("EPUB", "PDF", "AZW3", "AZW", "MOBI", "CBR", "CBZ");
About the complete book list, the only thing close to that is "books by languages", I often use it to show all my french / english books. Depending on the value of the config item $config['cops_max_item_per_page'] it will be paginated.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #515
Pope Viper
Pope Viper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Perfect, that took care of it.

I tried the "all languages", and it just hung there, I discovered that I needed to get pagination on, since it was trying to display all 35K+ books.

The more, and more I play with this, the more I love it.

Going to do some template changes now.

Last edited by Pope Viper; 07-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Pope Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #516
vlad59
Addict

35K books !

Even if you read a book per day, it would take 95 years to read it all :P

Anyway, thanks for your kind words .
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #517
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
OOPS! Sorry, answered before reading posts on the last page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Viper View Post
Entry indicates there are no book formats available, but when you click on the book, there is a format.
The entry shows a valid format ; AZW .. it's an Amazon/Kindle format, like MOBI.
see : http://www.guidingtech.com/9661/diff...ebook-formats/

Last edited by Goner; 07-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #518
Pope Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
35K books !

Even if you read a book per day, it would take 95 years to read it all :P

Anyway, thanks for your kind words .

Yea, it's a labor of love, that's for sure. I've got a lot of contributor to this common library, so anything I can do to better organize, catalog, present is perfect.

I'm grateful for the solutions that Calibre and COPS have provided!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #519
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Problem with Synology NAS and cops >0.4.0

Hi,

i used cops 0.4.0 for a while and everything worked great.
Today I discovered that there is a new version of cops aviable (or even two).

I tried to install 0.6.0 and 0.5.0, but something seems to be wrong.

I followed the installation guide at https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology

But when I try to access the Web-Page there ist just an empty page.

Page source just says:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
Is there anything missing on my Synology DS? The PHP-Version is 5.3.24.
I'm using DSM 4.3-3750 on a DS413.

At the moment I will go back to cops-0.4.0, but I would like to use the new features very much.

Thanks for any advice!
f.

EDIT: Strange thing: If the folder of cops is named "cops-0.6.0" everything works as usual. If the folder is named different (e.g. "calibre") an empty page shows up.
Is the folder name hardcoded anywhere? I could not find anything with grep.

Last edited by fatzgenfatz; 07-27-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: New info
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #520
Pope Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
Hi,

i used cops 0.4.0 for a while and everything worked great.
Today I discovered that there is a new version of cops aviable (or even two).

I tried to install 0.6.0 and 0.5.0, but something seems to be wrong.

I followed the installation guide at https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology

But when I try to access the Web-Page there ist just an empty page.

Page source just says:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
Is there anything missing on my Synology DS? The PHP-Version is 5.3.24.
I'm using DSM 4.3-3750 on a DS413.

At the moment I will go back to cops-0.4.0, but I would like to use the new features very much.

Thanks for any advice!
f.

EDIT: Strange thing: If the folder of cops is named "cops-0.6.0" everything works as usual. If the folder is named different (e.g. "calibre") an empty page shows up.
Is the folder name hardcoded anywhere? I could not find anything with grep.
FWIW, I had missed a backslash at the end of my config, and received similar results until I put it in
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #521
vlad59
Addict

@fatzgenfatz

It's strange, I can confirm that there's no hard coded path in COPS, Can you check checkconfig.php ?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #522
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
@vlad59:
checkconfig.php say that everything is "ok".
I turned off php-cache in the Synology Web options and now everything works just fine.

One more thing: Which file do I have to edit, so that the number of a book in a serie is shown in the overview?

On 0.4.0 it said "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (1)", on 0.6.0 it only shows the series name without the number. The number only shows in the book details.

Thanks in advance!
f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #523
le_
le_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Small bug

Hi!

I just updated from 0.4.0 to 0.6.0 and then my COPS kinda stopped working, most of the item listing was doing nothing when clicked (like last 50's, per language etc), only some books opened... and those books where in English.
So after some tests I finally found the problem:

Most of my library is in Portuguese (por in the database), but the ./lang/Localization_en.json file don't have a translation for languages.por, so every time the listing would contain any book in portuguese, the whole list would not be loaded at all.

So, in ./lang/Localization_en.json I just added:
Code:
"languages.por":"Portuguese",
And my listing seems to be working fine again!

So, when the book is in some language that is not present in the localization file, it would be better to have some other action, as showing only the three letter, for example, to avoid this problem.

Btw, for this awesome tool!

Last edited by le_; 07-28-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fix
le_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #524
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
@vlad59:
checkconfig.php say that everything is "ok".
I turned off php-cache in the Synology Web options and now everything works just fine.
You could try to turn it on again, it may work or I've watched too many It Crowd episodes .

Quote:
One more thing: Which file do I have to edit, so that the number of a book in a serie is shown in the overview?

On 0.4.0 it said "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (1)", on 0.6.0 it only shows the series name without the number. The number only shows in the book details.

Thanks in advance!
f.
You've found the first bug of 0.6.0 and the worst kind : A regression. I'll fix it ASAP.

@le_

You're a close second in term of bug hunting. I'll also fix it soon.

Thanks for reporting here.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #525
le_
le_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Taking a better look at the localization file, I found:
Code:
"languages.pur":"Portuguese",
So, basically it was a typo, it was using pur instead of por to refer to Portuguese.

------

Also, maybe another bug:

1. Go to Settings and enable Lightbox
2. Go back to main page
3. Go to the recent added
4. Click on a entry. The popup should open.
5. On the popup, click on Series, Tags or Author link. The page will list all the entries from the series, tags or author.
6. You can click on any entry, but the popup will NOT show up anymore (until you refresh the page or go to the Settings page).

With Lightbox disabled, everything work as it should.

le_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology