Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #4081
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I think the "back one level" can be done by clicking anywhere in the upper black bar area, except for the home icon in the upper left corner which takes you directly to the home page.
yes that works, thanks- it is documented or did you just guess?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #4082
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
yes that works, thanks- it is documented or did you just guess?
No, but I remember when that function was added by Analogus. It probably should be added to https://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/WhatsNewIn2_1_x.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #4083
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i got the invalid page bug again, even with this latest alpha build>
get to end of bo0k -> options-> delete book -> invalid page!
then if I press home I see that book thumbnail is still present in current book frame & that notes are still present in all notes. ( but book is not present in all books ). Only a complete shutdown + restart will clear the remnants.
I still can't predict when this bug will strike. In previous tests I have reloaded the same book, jumped to last page, deleted it... & all has been fine, so its not triggered by anything in specific books as far as I can see.
I do not use memory cards and have only 9 or less books installed, usually. I use only epub format.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #4084
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
This FW is super-awesome! OK, I'm a little late to the party. But I installed this on two 350s and it's like having two new readers.

One question: Where is the chess game?

I installed the Zork "tested personal version". A chess folder is on the reader, but chess does not appear in the More menu.

Do I need to install a different PRS+ version (Zork-C)? If so, I don't want to lose all my CSS font changes, etc. I have my PRS+ settings saved, so I hope those could be restored. Or is there a way to activate the chess game in this version?
Phil_C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #4085
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Welcome late to the party, Phil_C. I told you how easy it was now and that it would be like having a new reader!

I no longer have the Zork version installed, just the basic 2.1.0.2, and the Chess works fine on it, it's located under More > Games. I had a weird issue when I tried Zork so I uninstalled it (can't remember what it was now, but I'm sure it's in back posts in this thread). But I'm sure someone else will come along and help you out with Zork.

Glad to see you joined the PRS+ lovers though.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #4086
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Ripplinger, you get credit for putting PRS+ back on my radar! I just wanted the ability to change fonts. All the rest seemed to be overkill. But now I see how useful many of the tweaks are.

Strangely, font changes and line-height changes simply did not work for me in the non-Zork edition. It probably has something to do with the specific ways I format books in calibre. The Zork install solved all that immediately, and then I went on to customize the CSS for two favorite fonts and a dozen others. The dialogues for font-size and line-height work, too, and were easily customizable to my preferences.

The chess is not a big deal, but it's there so I'd like to give it a try.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #4087
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Ripplinger, you get credit for putting PRS+ back on my radar! I just wanted the ability to change fonts. All the rest seemed to be overkill. But now I see how useful many of the tweaks are.

Strangely, font changes and line-height changes simply did not work for me in the non-Zork edition. It probably has something to do with the specific ways I format books in calibre. The Zork install solved all that immediately, and then I went on to customize the CSS for two favorite fonts and a dozen others. The dialogues for font-size and line-height work, too, and were easily customizable to my preferences.

The chess is not a big deal, but it's there so I'd like to give it a try.
I think that all of the Zork changes to do with fonts and line-heights, etc, have been incorporated into the latest PRS+ alpha (2.1.0.2). You could install it and see if things work. If not, just go back to the Zork edition.

And you know that once PRS+ is installed on your reader, you can update (or change editions) simply by copying the PRSPInstaller folder (located in the "update.zip" file inside the download from the website) onto your reader and rebooting. So it is not difficult to experiment!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #4088
Phil_C
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
I think that all of the Zork changes to do with fonts and line-heights, etc, have been incorporated into the latest PRS+ alpha (2.1.0.2). You could install it and see if things work. If not, just go back to the Zork edition.
I installed PRS+ alpha first and it did not allow me to change fonts or even line height, no matter what I tried. That's why I went to Zork, which immediately worked.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #4089
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Not sure this would make any difference, but did you do a full shutdown after installing PRS+ the first time? Possibly not everything was functioning until that complete shutdown?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #4090
Phil_C
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Not sure this would make any difference, but did you do a full shutdown after installing PRS+ the first time? Possibly not everything was functioning until that complete shutdown?
Yup, I did two shutdowns after each install.

I suppose I could go back and try it again. I can copy my customized CSS files and maybe use the Restore Settings feature to get things back to where I have them now.

Got to be in the right mood to start all this again. Not sure if the chess game is worth it. Everything else is perfect.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #4091
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Yup, I did two shutdowns after each install.

I suppose I could go back and try it again. I can copy my customized CSS files and maybe use the Restore Settings feature to get things back to where I have them now.

Got to be in the right mood to start all this again. Not sure if the chess game is worth it. Everything else is perfect.
Hi Phil_C,

I looked inside the PRS 650 ‘ZORK-C-Edition‘ zip file and as far as I can tell the Chess app should be accessible in the Games menu. Does that menu show up on your reader? The IntFic app (in which you can play Zork) should also be in the Games menu.

Ben.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #4092
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Is there much, or any, difference between PSR+ for the 650 and 950? I'm just wondering if I might be able to use Zork for the 650 on my 950, as I assume that'd get me the latest build?
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #4093
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Is there much, or any, difference between PSR+ for the 650 and 950? I'm just wondering if I might be able to use Zork for the 650 on my 950, as I assume that'd get me the latest build?
Unfortunately, there is quite a lot of difference. You cannot use a 650 build on the 950.

Also, the apps don't really work on the 950. There is some sort of resource overflow issue that we have not been able to get around that causes the apps to hang the 950. (The apps also hang the 650, but the difference is you can use 3 or 4 apps without a problem; starting the 5th app causes the crash. On the 950, from what I hear, the crash happens when you start the first app!)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #4094
Phil_C
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi Phil_C,

I looked inside the PRS 650 ‘ZORK-C-Edition‘ zip file and as far as I can tell the Chess app should be accessible in the Games menu. Does that menu show up on your reader? The IntFic app (in which you can play Zork) should also be in the Games menu.

Ben.
No, Chess does not appear in the More menu. Interactive Fiction does. There is a chess folder on the 350 containing a single file: "performance.bin".

Note that I installed the Zork "tested personal version" at the top of the Zork download page. Could that be different than the Zork-C version below it? The zip files appear to be exactly the same except for time stamps being a few minutes later in the "tested personal version".
Old 09-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #4095
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
No, Chess does not appear in the More menu. Interactive Fiction does. There is a chess folder on the 350 containing a single file: "performance.bin".

Note that I installed the Zork "tested personal version" at the top of the Zork download page. Could that be different than the Zork-C version below it? The zip files appear to be exactly the same except for time stamps being a few minutes later in the "tested personal version".
I installed the Zork-C version (the C is for Chess, no?) and still Chess doesn't appear on games or any other menu that I can see.
Indeed the two builds seem just about identical, and I suspect the wrong version was posted in error.

Just not sure what to do about it if I'd like both chess and the Zork stuff.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote