Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
BartCubbins
BartCubbins began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
iPhone iBooks page breaks not working

Hey guys,
I've no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I've a few ePubs I'm trying to transfer to the iPhone 4, but they don't transfer properly

At the end of a chapter there should be a break and the next chapter should start on a new page. I've gone through and converted the XPath Expression using:

//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., 'chapter|book|section|part\s+', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']

The TOC is created properly, but there are NO page breaks. The chapter ends on the same page the next chapter starts. I can't figure out why the version I now have on my iPhone doesn't emulate what I see in the book (besides the total number of pages).

Here are two screen captures:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
BartCubbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
The top entry is for chapter detection. The one at the bottom 'insert page breaks before' actually does the splitting. I use

//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
BartCubbins
BartCubbins began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyche View Post
The top entry is for chapter detection. The one at the bottom 'insert page breaks before' actually does the splitting. I use

//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']
I actually had that in there. It was preset. That's why I changed it and made it the same for both entries. Plus, if you notice the bar inserted between the chapter end and the next chapter... that shouldn't be there either, seeing as how I don't have 'both' chosen, just pagebreak.

Nothing I do seems to fix the issue. There's still no page breaks and that bar is still there. I've even deleted the books (both from the iPhone and from Calibre) and reconverted the book. Nothing works.

EDIT: If there's a more effective conversion tool, other than Calibre, please let me know. I'm really frustrated by this.

Last edited by BartCubbins; 09-08-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
BartCubbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, formatting, ibooks, iphone, page breaks