Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry "Kobo Juggernaut" notification.

Forgive me if this question has been asked previously but when I was reading my Kobo Touch today I got a message at the bottom of a page stating I had two notifications. The first notification is headed "Kobo Juggernaut" and advises that I have turned 10,000 pages and states "Go big or Go home". I can't now get off that notification so a) what does it mean and b) what do I do? I'm a newbie so sorry if I come across as a bit thick!
Vivienne04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne04 View Post
Forgive me if this question has been asked previously but when I was reading my Kobo Touch today I got a message at the bottom of a page stating I had two notifications. The first notification is headed "Kobo Juggernaut" and advises that I have turned 10,000 pages and states "Go big or Go home". I can't now get off that notification so a) what does it mean and b) what do I do? I'm a newbie so sorry if I come across as a bit thick!
It's a kobo virus. Put the Kobo under your pillow and smother it there for three hours, that should do the trick.

Just kidding; if you want to get rid of this, turn of 'Reading Life' awards from settings. This was just an award. Search this forum for more about Reading Life.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155111
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Odd, you should be able to acknowledge it somehow and it goes away. It's been a while since I got any so I can't recall the procedure. have you tried touching that line?

Later Yes, I think The Terminator is correct. There should be an X on the side so you can acknowledge the message.

And to *NOT* worry about coming across thick or being a newbie. I've always told my staff that if they don't ask questions then I get highly annoyed.

Last edited by TonyToews; 03-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Maybe it's a bug in the new firmware, I think there used to be a little X on one side.

If you still wan't to achieve rewards then don't turn reading life off. Just turn Reading Life Notification's off, then your stats will still get tracked and you can still earn awards, you just won't get notified while you're reading.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Vivienne04
Vivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura aboutVivienne04 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Many thanks for the replies - Dryhte I like your sense of humour!
Vivienne04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert