Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
fantaxy
fantaxy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
can't make any spaces between words in my novel.

when I input some novels written in Korean language into kindle for pc, kindle for mac, kindle for iphone. example) original is "나는 한국어로 된 소설을 킨들에 넣으려고 해요" input one is "나는한국어로된소설을킨들에넣으려고해요"

as shown above, any versions of kindles don't support appropriate "spaces" between words in Korean language except original Kindle DX. exactly speaking, no spaces between words.

I have some electronic novels which are written in Korean. the novels all have .txt extensions. I tried to change those .txt files to mobipocket and epub files using Caliber and made transformed forms. but I couldn't find any spaces between words in the transformed ones after changing them into epub or mobi.

As another thing I try to solve the problem, I used the conversion and download service provided from amazon.com that is the one using "name"@free.amazon.com. It neither couldn't solve the problem. It was same as the upper example.

I know most kindle users are from English speaking worlds. some readers even may not understand what I mean. but I couldn't find any hints for me from Korean websites or other Korean forums. I just want to read a looking good pages when I "sync the latest pages" between my devices such as macbook and iphone and I hope that there's anyone who can solve this problem and share her or his ideas. Anyone among those who are reading this? Help me!
fantaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
fantaxy
fantaxy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thanks, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Welcome to the MR.
Hope a member here will be able to help you!
no one so far, I still hope that someone here can help me
fantaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
fantaxy,

I'm sorry I can't help you. I even don't understand what is your problem.

I tested your text on my Kindle 3.1 and saw spaces appropriately. See the attached screen shots. The first file, 6739 on the left, is of a raw UTF-8 text file, and the second, 6740 on the right, is of a .mobi file created with kindlegen. (The .mobi file is also attched.)

Or, am I missing something?

-- Alissa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-6739.gif
Views:	263
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	75109   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-6740.gif
Views:	256
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	75110  
Attached Files
File Type: mobi sample korean.mobi (3.0 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by Alissa; 08-04-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote