Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Customizing your Pocket Pro

How to make custom Opening/Closing EZ Reader Pocket Pro screens? Like when you turn ON and OFF the PP? Because i just made 2 Custom screens i want to use (attached).

Any info would be nice =D
Attached Files
File Type: zip EZ Reader PocketPro Custom Screens.zip (700.5 KB, 674 views)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I don't know if this will work with the PP, but on the Jinke site there is a program called Logomaker.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...vice/index.asp

Seems fairly straightforward, but like I said, I don't know if those instructions will work on the PP. BTW I do like the look of the logos your created.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I don't know if this will work with the PP, but on the Jinke site there is a program called Logomaker.
I tried my V3 logos (made with Logomaker) on my PP, and there was a setting option to update the logos but the new logos did not come out right. This isn't surprising, given 8 vs 4 grey scales.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Hmm, i hope you can really use a program to make your own Custom logos, that way i can give a little more "unique feel" to my PP.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Omg, if those work I would want to use them. Those are awesome. Probably should find my own feel I suppose.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jinke is on holiday until the 9th. It should be relatively simple for them to add a V5 version of Logomaker. It is worth doing, because adding your name a phone number (say) to the boot and shutdown images could help if you loose your Pocket Pro.

If anyone want to try writing their own Logomaker it looks pretty straight forward. OpenInkPot has the Hanlin v3 firmware file format, which includes a block for the logos:
Quote:
startup and shutdown logo.

Logos are uncompressed headerless 2-bit gray 800x600 images.

Every byte contains values for 4 consecutive pixels. Images are stored line-by-line from left to right inside line, from top to bottom.
and the V3 logo.bin seems to be exactly this.

Based on how the V3 logos came out on the V5, I think it is simply using one byte per pixel (3 bits used out of 8).

If someone wants to do this, I suggest also adding the capability for extracting the existing logos from the firmware image (v5setup.bin).
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Loading into PEZ

How would you load one of these logo's into the Pocket Pro?

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
How would you load one of these logo's into the Pocket Pro?
The process is exactly the same as for the V3, outlined at Jinke: Download Center under "Logomaker for V3". The problem is that the format for logo.bin is different for the V5, so the current Logomaker needs updating.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ICE

Well, I researched what has been said here.

1. The V5 does not have the selection in the Settings screen to change the pictures, as the Jinke site indicated the V3 has. So no easy change that way unless it is added in a firmware update.

2. After thinking about it, the opening and closing pages just flash on for a second or two, so they wouldn't been seen very much, especially if that is where you put your ownership information.

So, I decided to borrow on the cell phone suggestion, and produced an ICE file. I made a jpeg picture, put my information on it and stuck it in a folder named "1. ICE" The "1." so it would sort first on the screen. After I got the picture, I thought, why a picture, so today I'm going to supplement it with a files with my information.

Now I can leave my picture on the screen if I want to, since SUPPOSEDLY, the eink does not draw power just leaving it there. And it will be filed under ICE for emergencies.

For those who may not know about ICE, the emergency personel, EMT's, Firefighters, Police, know to look for an ICE (In Case of Emergency) file on cell phones, to help identify who the peson is and who to contact. Personally I think it is a great idea, though I do not put my address, just phone numbers there.

Thoughts, anyone...

AJ
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
Quote:
Well, I researched what has been said here.

1. The V5 does not have the selection in the Settings screen to change the pictures, as the Jinke site indicated the V3 has. So no easy change that way unless it is added in a firmware update.

AJ
It does in the same place as v3 (settings, update boot and shutdown logo). Unfortunately as one of the previous poster mention the bin file the logomaker produces is for v3 only. I have ice details on startup and shutdown logo on the bebook (hanlin v3). I tried using the same files on bebook mini (hanlin v5) unfortunately doesnt come out right.

I do like your idea of having ice details in folder/picture/file. you could use it as a stanby screen.
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
It does in the same place as v3 (settings, update boot and shutdown logo). Unfortunately as one of the previous poster mention the bin file the logomaker produces is for v3 only. I have ice details on startup and shutdown logo on the bebook (hanlin v3). I tried using the same files on bebook mini (hanlin v5) unfortunately doesnt come out right.

I do like your idea of having ice details in folder/picture/file. you could use it as a stanby screen.
You must be using either Jinke's software of BeB software. The Astak Pocket Pro version does not have these listed.

AJ
Old 10-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
You must be using either Jinke's software of BeB software. The Astak Pocket Pro version does not have these listed.
The "update boot and shutdown logo" option only appears in the settings if you have a /jinke/logo/ folder under the root index of SD card, with logo.bin and logo.md5 in this folder.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The "update boot and shutdown logo" option only appears in the settings if you have a /jinke/logo/ folder under the root index of SD card, with logo.bin and logo.md5 in this folder.
Is this regardless of the firmware you are using? ie: Astak/Jinke/BeBook
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Is this regardless of the firmware you are using? ie: Astak/Jinke/BeBook
It is truth for all firmware both v3 and v5.

for v5, it should be resized the resolution first.
second, It is bmp format, and concat boot and shutdown logo...
I will try on v5 and update news soon.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
For those wanting to play around:

The logo.md5 file is just the checksum of the logo.bin file. The MD5 checksum of a file can be calculated using lots of tools. A freeware Windows MD5 checksum program is available from http://www.slavasoft.com/fsum/ (as one example).

As others have said, the V3 (6" EZ Basic) logo.bin is just a concatenation of the two startup and shutdown images, 600x800 each, with four 2-bit (4 shades of gray) pixels packed into each byte. 2*(600*800/4) = 240000 bytes, which is the file length of LOGO.BIN.

As for the V5 (5" EZ PP), I don't know what format they pack the images into, but once that is known, it would be pretty easy to generate a program that would take two BMP files (color, gray-scale, whatever) and convert and concatenate them together into a single file of the right format. Then use the FDSUM program to generate the data for the LOGO.MD5 file.

Only one small, teensy-weensy, itsy-bitsy piece of information that's needed...
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote