Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #91
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
I am having a similar problem mentioned in an earlier post. I am using BC 2.52, Vista 64, Word 2007, and Calibre 4.103.

I am sure I have the path set properly to Calibre, which in my case is C:\Calibre.

I go through all the steps just fine and hit the LRF button to create my LRF file and all seems to go well, but I can never find the LRF file - as if it was never created. It is very frustrating as BC seems to be an excellent program. Help please.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #92
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Hi,

So far, I have been unable to create an ebook for my EB1150. I tried to find a manual of sorts that would tell me, for instance, where to install the BookCreator.dot file; I have first tried a directory of its own, then I relocated it in the directory where impbuild.exe it.

When I use the "IMP" button, I select the directory where I want the .imp file to be, but apparently no .imp file is created - nor is one found by an explorer file search...

Can anyone please help?
BookCreator is really just a template with marcos. There is not install required. If you have MS Word just double click on the BookCreator.dot template and a new file will load.

To get the third party tool to work the conversion must be working and the paths must be correct.

Make sure that the path in BookCreator is pointing to the right location of the executable "impbuild.exe"
For instance, on my PC the path below is placed in the text box "Path to Impbuild:"

Code:
"c:\program files\ebookutils\impbuild.exe"
See Image below

If the problem persist

Enable the debug option, Descripiton on post #73

And post the Debug.txt content here
=X=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC_IMPBUILD_PATH.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	18290  
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #93
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I am having a similar problem mentioned in an earlier post. I am using BC 2.52, Vista 64, Word 2007, and Calibre 4.103.

I am sure I have the path set properly to Calibre, which in my case is C:\Calibre.

I go through all the steps just fine and hit the LRF button to create my LRF file and all seems to go well, but I can never find the LRF file - as if it was never created. It is very frustrating as BC seems to be an excellent program. Help please.
Make sure you are also including the full path including the executable "html2lrf.exe"

In your example it should be
Code:
"C:\Calibre\html2lrf.exe"
If you validate that the paths are correct, enable the debug option located on post #73 (link)
And post the debug.txt that is generated by the tool here.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #94
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Is there any limit to the size of the file that this can work with?

I have been using the tool fine, (and really great it is), then on my latest document I am converting, when I click on LRF to export to Sony format, then click on the Create button, the Export window disapears, and nothing appears to happen at all.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #95
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
Is there any limit to the size of the file that this can work with?

I have been using the tool fine, (and really great it is), then on my latest document I am converting, when I click on LRF to export to Sony format, then click on the Create button, the Export window disapears, and nothing appears to happen at all.
I've not ran into a file size limit. It just takes some patience. Look at your task manager you should see html2lrf running in the background.

Most of the time with small files the LRF is created by the time the dialog is closed. With larger files the dialog comes back while html2lrf is chugging away.

=X=
Old 11-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #96
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
I am havong a similar problem mentioned in an earlier post. I am using BC 2.52, Vista 64, Word 2007, and Calibre 4.103.

Are you aware of any "how-to" or manual?
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #97
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Are you aware of any "how-to" or manual?
I've not written one, so I don't know if there is one. But this is defiantly a good idea. I was thinking of writing an FAQ just haven't had the time.

=X=
Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #98
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Can't get BC to work

I have read and re-read this entire thread several times and cannot figure out what is wrong. Everytime I try to run BC, I go through all the steps and when I hit the convert to LRF the computer works for a few seconds and then I get the error window attached as an image below.

Very frustrating.

Vista 64
Word 2007
Yes, I have the proper paths to Calibre and html2lrf

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC error.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	18409  
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #99
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
Apologies if this has been asked before, but could not find any reference. When I click on the Word Wrap button, the tool removes any formatting which is there in the document. Is there any way to run the word wrap without ruining any formatting?
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #100
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I have found that Book Creator can work extremely effectively with novels.

However, it is a a disaster with some non-fiction texts.

1. It keeps inserting a paragraph break after every colon. This ruins long sentences with subordinate clauses.
2. It inserts a paragraph break next to every quotation mark.

So a paragraph like this:

The older treatises on ethics (even that of Kant) used to have their “casuistries” and their “theories of the virtues,” where particular “cases of conscience” were studied in appendices to the systematic works themselves. The abstract and arbitrary character of such studies I have demonstrated in the course of other writings, showing the reasons why they were destined to vanish, as in fact they have vanished, from modern thought.

becomes

The older treatises on ethics (even that of Kant) used to have their
“casuistries” and their
“theories of the virtues,” where particular
“cases of conscience”
were studied in appendices to the systematic works themselves. The abstract and arbitrary character of such studies I have demonstrated in the course of other writings, showing the reasons why they were destined to vanish, as in fact they have vanished, from modern thought.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #101
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish

Quote:

Ok, same problem with Imp. BC 2.52, Vista 32, Word 2007 and Ebookutils 0.8. I cant seem to find the imp file anywhere. Here is the debug.txt. Can you have a look please?
- All directories mentioned in this debug o/p exist.
- impbuild is in the location mentioned
- No errors displayed

Quote:
d:\books\ebookutils-0.8\impbuild.exe --out-dir="D:\temp" --name="Hal Clement - Uncommon Sense.imp" --title="Uncommon Sense" --author="Hal Clement " --1150 "C:\Users\ashwin_acharya02\AppData\Local\Temp\Book CreatorTemp\Hal Clement - Uncommon Sense\Hal Clement - Uncommon Sense.html"
Old 11-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #102
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
1. It keeps inserting a paragraph break after every colon. This ruins long sentences with subordinate clauses.
2. It inserts a paragraph break next to every quotation mark.
Those two "features" would ruin many a fiction book as well...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:14 AM   #103
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
Ok, same problem with Imp. BC 2.52, Vista 32, Word 2007 and Ebookutils 0.8. I cant seem to find the imp file anywhere. Here is the debug.txt. Can you have a look please?
- All directories mentioned in this debug o/p exist.
- impbuild is in the location mentioned
- No errors displayed
Hmm - this seems to be a problem with either Vista or Office 2k7. I tried it on another machine - XPSP2 & Office 2K3, and I have the imp file with no problems.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #104
=X=
Wizard

@Patricia
Try using Stingo's word wrap, which is included in BookCreator.

To use Stingo's word wrap depress the ellipsis "..." next to the "Word Wrap Fix" menu option. In the drop down menu there is the option to use Stingo's macro.

Explanation:
Stingo's macro blindly converts carriage returns to spaces. The "smart" word wrap tries to use a little more logic when word wrapping. Essentially any string that ends with a colon (:) preceded with a carriage return is treated as a heading. The quote (") is a bug.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-29-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #105
=X=
Wizard

Feature Requtest #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before, but could not find any reference. When I click on the Word Wrap button, the tool removes any formatting which is there in the document. Is there any way to run the word wrap without ruining any formatting?
This is the first such request. I'll include this in the next release.

=X=