Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Additional forums

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Snow
Edge User

Done! Enjoy!

Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
thefuture04
Edge User

borisb continues to make the eDGe community better by helping out the company itself!

-Chris Sparks

Old 04-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
brauckmiller
Edge User

You rock Boris. Another suggestion for a forum may be 'Accessibility'. I'm legally blind and do find the eDGe very easy for the most part. I love the large display.

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
dcubed2
Edge User

Yes, Boris rocks! We've been lucky to have him on Guy's Google forum :-) He's helped me a lot.

Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
guyjack
Edge User

I agree...Boris is great!

Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuture04 View Post
borisb continues to make the eDGe community better by helping out the company itself!

-Chris Sparks

Old 04-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
eberhardt333
Edge User

I agree with everyone. I have looked to Boris' posts in the blog section as it is now called to find lots of answers to the edge that I just got. So thanks Boris. I do have a question for you. I thought I read somewhere about how you mentioned you could use other ebooks from a couple stores. Maybe Sony? I don't remember and I can't find it anymore. If this was your post in the past could you let me know Boris how you added other books from other stores? It would be nice to have a few other options. I know that Amazon and some of the others won't work, but was hoping there might be something. Claire.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
devseev
Edge User

While I think it would be a mistake to have too many different sub-forums, I think we also need to have a forum for "Books and Periodicals" - to discuss all manner of bookstore content: (a) Entourage bookstore (b) textbooks, (c) third-party content that works on the eDGe (Sony store), (d) PressDisplay, etc.

More important, though, than sub-forums is to eventually create (e.g. via sticky posts in each forum) lists/summaries for quick answers to questions like: What apps work full screen on the edge and how to download them, etc.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
thefuture04
Edge User

Another suggestion I would like to make to these forums is to add an extra area where people of the community can talk about whatever they wish. I know people here don't know each other, but I've seen plenty of forums gain comradarie with each other because they talk about their daily lives and what not. Like a "Miscellaneous" or "Everything Else" kind of thing, you can name it whatever you like but those names are to give you an idea of what I was thinking.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
lisa031825
Edge User

I've been using goodereader. It's a bit difficult to navigate but they have books in multiple formats and you pay a monthly fee rather than per book. I've downloaded pdf and epubs from the site with no problems. They show up in the notification bar as a download (just like the software update).

Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
lisa031825
Edge User

They actually do have best sellers, like Dan Browns the Lost Symbol and others. They have a forum where you can request a book and they promise to get it (I think within 48 hours). I won't say they have everything but with the ability to request books, I don't see much of a shortcoming if they follow through. I haven't requested anything as yet so I can't say if they are actually able to fulfill this promise. But for the monthly subscription and unlimited downloads, I'd estimate that I've saved at least $50 in the first month compared to purchasing the downloads individually. If you're an avid reader I could see the savings being far greater.