Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
First you get me all excited about the possibility of the new model they were to release in Feb. might finally be out, then you tempt me into spending $90.

Curse you Red Baron!!

BTW, the white version is here.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
chas, you bought one? cool! I sent my Lite out yesterday, and it was hard, I'll miss it! But I couldn't keep them both.

The only downside I see is it takes about 4 hours to recharge and you can't read it while its plugged in.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #18
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Does the JB read all the same formats as the JBL?
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All except one, I think its called PB...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #20
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You mean the Palm ebook format (Palm Database) .pdb the JBL handles them and the
DRM scam used with them (Secure eReader), as well.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That's what I was trying to remember. Thanks, Ken.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #22
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
chas, you bought one? cool! I sent my Lite out yesterday, and it was hard, I'll miss it! But I couldn't keep them both.

The only downside I see is it takes about 4 hours to recharge and you can't read it while its plugged in.
Really? You can with the Libre - you have to press the power button while charging to move between the charging screen and normal function.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Oh I'll have to try that and see.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Thanks booklover6 for the tip about being able to read the Libre Pro while plugged in. I never knew that
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #25
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
booklover6

Where did you find out about being able to read while charging? I don't think there is anything in the Libre owners manual about this.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

it was icedtea who mentioned it. I don't have a Libre.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #27
hedgehog1
hedgehog1 doesn't litterhedgehog1 doesn't litter

Device: jetBook, Libre Pro x 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
This is the one I got. It is not the Lite, which takes AA batteries. This is an extremely good price.
Hi booklover6!

I am new to this forum (and to ereaders). I ordered this same jetBook and it arrived today. I'm excited and the unit is working. (I, too, found all of the preloaded books to be in Russian, so I just loaded other books onto an SD card to test it out.)

The question I have for you is,
Did the serial number on your jetBook match the serial number on the box in which it came? My numbers don't match and I am wondering if I have been sent a refurbished unit. The packaging all appeared to be new, and it operates well -- but now I am curious.

I emailed the seller (however, they are closed for the holidays). I let you all know what their response is -- but I am hoping you can tell me about your jetBook.

Have a great day.
hedgehog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #28
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I just checked, and the last number is different. I don't know if it means anything....the device seems new to me.

Congratulations on your new Jetbook! I really love mine!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #29
hedgehog1
hedgehog1 doesn't litterhedgehog1 doesn't litter

Device: jetBook, Libre Pro x 3
Thanks -- maybe they all have numbers that don't match.

I love my new jetBook. I updated the firmware, and I have been able to read ebooks borrowed from my local library. My husband thinks it's awesome too -- we'll probably have to get him his own...

Thanks for all of your comments -- you helped me to make the right purchase.
hedgehog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #30
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

oh i didn't check my firmware, gotta do that. This forum has been so helpful to me too, otherwise I'd never have heard of Jetbook.