Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Page numbers gone in AZW3 books

Hi.

I've posted a message in the Page Count thread as well, as I do not know if it's me that's become daft, or if the plugin has a bug since the last plugin/calibre update.

Yesterday, I experimented with Duokan. Didn't like it and removed it. After that, I reloaded the books I had in my TBR pile onto the Kindle, using Calibre, opened the book I was reading, hit the TOC... and was missing page numbers.

Well. Thinking that I also took the chance of upgrading to 5.3.5 after wiping Duokan, and I've been reading with 5.3.5 for a long time, I downgraded the firmware. No dice: still no page numbers.

In Calibre, the plugin itself still works fine. When setting the Kindle-driver (in the "Device" button) to MOBI books instead of AZW, the page numbers do re-appear. However, I set the Kindle to AZW3 a long time ago. I can't remember reading a MOBI book for many months.

I'm quite sure, as the display of the title is different to MOBI when I use AZW3. (It seems to be the file name, instead of the title of the book.) I've switched back and forth a few times now, and I've been definitely seeing AZW3 titles on my home screen for a long time.

Does anyone have an explanation where the page numbers went and how I can get them back?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Forget it; it works again. Don't ask me why.

When I posted this, I was at firmware 5.3.5. I've re-upgraded to 5.3.6, and still no go. While searching, I found a post by Kovid Goyal saying: "You need at least one book with working page numbers from Amazon."

The only thing I did after that was re-download the English dictionary, and the Kindle User Guide from the cloud, and opened them. They had no page numbers... but then I rebooted the Kindle, re-transfered some of my books, and bingo: page numbers are back.

Could it be that opening an original / official AZW book "activates" the page count function of the Kindle, even if the book itself has no visible page numbers? Weird.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert