Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Sony PRS-T1 $99 on Sony (US)

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666384231

Seems to be on sale until Dec 24th. Free Shipping is offered.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
It looks like the $50 trade in is still valid too!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
gauchomigo
gauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo forma/aura
there are several more vendors pricing at $99, to avoid sales tax (both Dell and Sony charge sales tax in most states).
gauchomigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Cheaper at B and H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...er_Black_.html
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
Thx! B&H's 2-year warranty (Sagemax) is only $10 for this as well. It covers accidental damage, so I went for it!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I was at Fry's Electronics yesterday and T1 is also $99 in-store there. And, it's also on their website for $99 and free shipping. There's a limit of one per household through 12/15...not sure if you could buy one black and one red, or if the limit is just one.

Link for black: http://www.frys.com/product/6771415?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Link for red (which looked more like a dark pink to me in the store yesterday): http://www.frys.com/product/6771475?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
Quote:
It looks like the $50 trade in is still valid too!
It is. But alas, There is no rebate for my PRS-500. Rebate starts with the PPRS-505.
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake-r8 View Post
It is. But alas, There is no rebate for my PRS-500. Rebate starts with the PPRS-505.
I just called the local Sony Style and they said yes the 500 was eligible. So I am going to go down there next week and trade in a 500.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I took advantage of this today & traded in my PRS 600 for the PRS T1. I got $50.00 off of my purchase of the reader, case w/light & charger all for $134.85! Considering I paid 250.00 for just my 600 a little less than 2 years ago, and spent extra getting a decent cover for it, I made out great, and I'm not stuck with a reader I'm no longer going to use.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
FWIW it's also $99 at Walmart online. No trade in but still a great deal!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I have two questions about the T-1. First, does it still display page numbers in the right margin so that words are occasionally hard to read?

Second, when accessing hyperlinked endnotes, does it still require several seconds of "formatting" before the note is displayed and/or before it goes back to the main text, or is it a more seamless precess now?

As much as I liked my old 505, I like the way the Kindle doesn't display page numbers that hide text and gives you very quick access to footnotes/endnotes. Is the T-1 better than the 505 in these areas?

I'm definitely considering the T-1 at this price but I am concerned about the issues above. Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 12-11-2011 at 08:59 AM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The page numbers on the right margin are not displayed.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
We don't get a chance this side of the pond - no price quoted from Sony I could find....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless
$50 credit

Quote:
I just called the local Sony Style and they said yes the 500 was eligible.
I will have to check that out. If you go to Sony's website there is a drop down menu for eligible readers. The PRS-500 is listed as not eligible. If it is, I may just have to trade in my 4 year old paperweight.
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake-r8 View Post
I will have to check that out. If you go to Sony's website there is a drop down menu for eligible readers. The PRS-500 is listed as not eligible. If it is, I may just have to trade in my 4 year old paperweight.
Today I went to Sony Style and I did trade in a 500 no problem at all.