Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
filthyPierre
filthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch fw 2.1.5, Asus Transformer Prime TF201 JB
Good evening

Goodday to all at MobileRead - my name is Pete and I've been a visitor for a little while now, and have found a few good tips and answers from the knowledgeable folk here. I decided to register 'cause I need to ask a few questions.

I've had a black Kobo Touch since Christmas last year, and by and large it is a good device, albeit a little slow sometimes. I am upgrading this Christmas to a Glo and the Touch will be handed down to my daughter.

Not much else to say really - where I am right now, Brisbane, Australia, it is 9:30 on Tuesday night, about 35 degrees (c) and 95 percent humidity. In other words, stinking hot And wouldn't you know it, my aircon is on the fritz, and no breeze whatsoever coming through the windows.

At least Australia won their first cricket Test of the season today against Sri Lanka, in what came down to a nail-biting finish, for anyone who knows or cares about cricket.

That's it for me for now!

Cheers,

Pete
filthyPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Welcome to mobileread, Pete!
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Pete and welcome to MobileRead.

BTW, where are the Ashes these days?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
filthyPierre
filthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipsefilthyPierre can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch fw 2.1.5, Asus Transformer Prime TF201 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
G'Day Pete and welcome to MobileRead.

BTW, where are the Ashes these days?
G'day mate, and thanks.

The Ashes are currently in *cough* England, Australia having lost them on the English tour of 2009, and then failing to win them back in 2010/2011 when England toured here. Next year there will be two Ashes series, one in England in July/August timeframe and then straight away a couple of months later in November in Australia. Usually, there is 18 months between series (give or take) but apparently this unusual timing has something to do with the London Olympics, i.e. it prevented the Ashes series from being played when it was originally scheduled.

No doubt they will be a couple of interesting contests. Australia still have a way to go before they will be ready (IMHO and judging from how poorly they did in the recent series against South Africa).

Cheers,

Pete
filthyPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote