Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #31
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
I did not count the total votes, but it seems that most people are favorable to the creation of a Sub-Forum specific to Kindle Touch.

How we get in touch with the Forum admins?
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
I did not count the total votes, but it seems that most people are favorable to the creation of a Sub-Forum specific to Kindle Touch.

How we get in touch with the Forum admins?
Go here.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #33
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
I vote YES for Kindle Touch sub-forum.
alaiksander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I, too, would like a separate touch forum.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #35
TamasakaHK
TamasakaHK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Problem with KT battery

Hey guys!
I have a new KT, and apart from sum things, I was okay with it.
My problem is, that the battery gets low way faster than it supposed to be. I use my eBook quite often, but only 1-2 hour per 3 days approximately.
Recently, when I turned the device on, the battery was lower than I remembered, so the next time I turned it on, that was the first thing I checked. The battery was half way down when I turned it off last time and I haven't used it since then, and now, it's less than a third left (I had put it to sleep as I always done (not turning it off)).

I have no idea, what's the problem. I have brought it a couple of times to school when it was really cold out there (but the 'travelling' took less than 20 minutes each) but it shouldn't go wrong from that...

Anyone experienced the same problem? Maybe I should turn it off instead of the sleep-mode if I don't use it for more than 3 days?
Thanks the answers in advance.
TamasakaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #36
mfabry
mfabry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I vote YES for Kindle Touch forum as well.
mfabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Go here.
Sent.

Thank you very much!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #38
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Kindle Touch Forum

You're welcome and good luck.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
chirchi
chirchi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamasakaHK View Post
Hey guys!
I have a new KT, and apart from sum things, I was okay with it.
My problem is, that the battery gets low way faster than it supposed to be. I use my eBook quite often, but only 1-2 hour per 3 days approximately.
Recently, when I turned the device on, the battery was lower than I remembered, so the next time I turned it on, that was the first thing I checked. The battery was half way down when I turned it off last time and I haven't used it since then, and now, it's less than a third left (I had put it to sleep as I always done (not turning it off)).

I have no idea, what's the problem. I have brought it a couple of times to school when it was really cold out there (but the 'travelling' took less than 20 minutes each) but it shouldn't go wrong from that...

Anyone experienced the same problem? Maybe I should turn it off instead of the sleep-mode if I don't use it for more than 3 days?
Thanks the answers in advance.
Do you have wifi ON or OFF ?
chirchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
zamana
Zealot

Haha!

It seems that people are considering this thread as THE Kindle Touch Sub-Forum.

Oh yeah!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #41
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Vote yes for sub forum on touch
Its sig different enough to the others to warrant its own
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #42
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Others have commented that the search function can get stuck on a corrupt file and continues to run which has deleterious effects on battery life. See my thread on Touch won't do local search.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #43
TamasakaHK
TamasakaHK began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
Others have commented that the search function can get stuck on a corrupt file and continues to run which has deleterious effects on battery life. See my thread on Touch won't do local search.
The Wifi is always off, I've never ever turned it on (apart from registering). I hadn't downloaded books from the net, and I strictly use it only for reading (no mp3).
Could you give me a link please about this corrupt file-searching thing? I have uploaded my books to the thouch via usb, and I don't think that any of them were corrupted but it is a possibility...
Thanks for the answer!
TamasakaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #44
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'd just prefer a tag, not a separate forum. Fire is a completely different beast, it's fine to have a separate forum for that, but I don't think KT is different enough to justify a separate forum. Most Kindle issues apply to all eink kindles. I don't see the desirability of having separate forums for each and every device, and by and large that is not how it is done on Mobileread.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:53 AM   #45
GutenYe
GutenYe began at the beginning.

how to use a tag in this forum?
GutenYe is offline   Reply With Quote