Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
MichaelKaufman
MichaelKaufman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Apple/iConnect upload: Beguiling authentication error

My epub validated at ThreePress consulting. It runs fine on my iPad.
But when I tried to upload it through iTunes Connect it failed to authenticate.

The error messages are:

DBG-X: parameter ErrorCode = 1102

ERROR ITMS-3000: "Line 165 column 96: character content of element "file_name" invalid; must be a string matching the regular expression "[^./: ]+([.][^./: ]+)+" at XPath /package/book/assets/asset[2]/data_file/file_name"

I have no idea what the first one means.
I'm assuming the second has something to do with a file name. But Line 165 of which file? And what is a column?

My question: How do I track down the source of this error?
Thanks.
MichaelKaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would check the OPF or the actual file called file_name if there is such. Otherwise, you might have to check every file at line 165 column 96.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Make sure the filenames don't have spaces or other "strange" characters (and I would consider accented characters strange here).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Run it though FlightCrew or validation in Sigil (same thing). Your error message will be better and will help you more.

And of course Jellby is right. It is always good practice to avoid any characters other than digits and letters in filenames. And with letters I mean the normal 26, from a to z.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"file_name" invalid, ibook