Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
hadaad
hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Out Of Print" book case issue

Does anyone else have one of the "Out of Print" kobo glo covers (the ones with cover art from classic books)? I bought "A Clockwork Orange" cover. It's gorgeous and I am very fond of it. One issue, though. The touchscreen stopped working when I clipped the reader in place.
Is it an issue with the reader? I just got it but I've read half a book with no issues. I think the kobo is being bent too far back by the restraining clips in the corners but I don't know for sure.
I took the kobo out of the case and it works again but my concern remains. Is there something I can do to make the case fit properly? Is this a known issue? Would a new case yield better results?

Thanks,

Liam
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I don't have the cover so I can't give you an answer directly on it. What I will say is that if is putting enough pressure on the Kobo that the touch screen isn't working I'd be really concerned about the long term stress on the screen (specifically the glass substrate). The substrate is a very thin plate of glass that is part of the e-ink display. Twisting of the frame (and screen) is one of the common ways to crack it and when this happens your device is done.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
I'm wondering if it's a defective case made improperly. I was looking at the cases and they have the same way of holding the device like the Kobo Sleep covers. Perhaps manufacturing error made the plastic to clip the reader in place a bit too small for the device. I can't say for certain, I don't have a glo or one of those cases, so I can't say if it's the problem for all of them.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
hadaad
hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch
The kind folks at Chapters took the case back without any argument when I told them I was worried it would break the reader. I picked up one of the kobo sleep covers. It isn't as cool but the auto wakeup feature is.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote