Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Annotations disappearing on Aura HD

As I'm reading a book, I put highlights on words that are in error, and then when I get to my PC I fix the errors using ePubFixer and Sigil. However, several times now I've found that either some or all of the highlighted words that should appear when I look at annotations have disappeared. This has happened on several different epubs. For example, overnight I finished one book in which I had marked about half a dozen errors with highlighting - I know the highlights were there because when I got to the final page, I looked at annotations to see how many I had created. The Aura was in sleep overnight: when I powered it on this morning and went to the PC to fix the errors, the reader claimed that there were no annotations in that epub. On other occasions, only some of the annotations disappear - some are still visible and some not there when I bring up the list of annotations.

I found a thread discussing bugs with annotations, but it didn't seem to cover this particular problem. The Aura is running firmware 2.6.1.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

I am still seeing this same problem with firmware 3.0.0 (and it was there with 2.8.1 as well). I just opened an epub to which I had been adding annotations - the reader home page showed nine annotations underneath the book image, but when I selected annotations from the bottom right menu within the epub, I was told there were no annotations, and when I return to the home page, the annotations have disappeared from there as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
AbominableDavid
Enthusiast
AbominableDavid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Did you ever find a solution for this, Nick? I just noticed this same behavior on my Aura HD - first time it's happened to me.
AbominableDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #4
Nick Payne
Connoisseur

I've found that if I store books on the SD card rather than in the main memory of the reader, then annotations don't disappear...