Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Couple of Q

1. Is there a way to find the book I'm reading on my KT without having to go in to books to find it?

2. Is it possible to delete a book off my KT?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When you go into the Library | Books view that on the far right of each book there is a little symbol. Tapping that displays a menu; Read Now / Share to Facebook / Add to Shortlist / Table of Contents / Mark as Finished / Delete .

(Not sure if this applies to books on an SD card).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I don't really understand your first question, pressing the home button takes you to the last five books you're reading. If you want to go back further than that you can go to your Library and select sort by last read.

You can delete books that are on your Kobo Touch but not if they are stored on the Micro-SD card. If you try to delete a book off your SD card it will look like it has been deleted but the next time you turn your Kobo on the book will be back in your Library.

Hope this helped.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
I don't really understand your first question, pressing the home button takes you to the last five books you're reading. If you want to go back further than that you can go to your Library and select sort by last read.
I don't know I only got it last Thur and I'm still trying to figure it out. I didn't know what the 5 books on the screen meant. *shrug*

Quote:
When you go into the Library | Books view that on the far right of each book there is a little symbol. Tapping that displays a menu; Read Now / Share to Facebook / Add to Shortlist / Table of Contents / Mark as Finished / Delete .
Thanks.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I don't know I only got it last Thur and I'm still trying to figure it out. I didn't know what the 5 books on the screen meant. *shrug*
And in fairness to you (I think it still works this way) if you add a bunch of new books it will put the new added books in the "recent 5".
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Yes it does put the new additions into the "recent 5" - I just did that yesterday. I bump them off (unless I do want to read one of them next) by going back and selecting the one/s I was reading prior to the additions.

I haven't found a way of selecting more than one at a time that way, then back to the Library to select the next one.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
You're not alone in asking for a way to keep track of the book you're currently reading when you add new content that pushes it off the home page.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote