Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #121
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I can't save bookmarks after reading for a particularly long time, like 2 or 3 hours straight.
That's my experience too. Nowadays I power it off more regularly and the problem has never occurred since.
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #122
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid View Post
That's my experience too. Nowadays I power it off more regularly and the problem has never occurred since.
Yeah, I try to do that too. But if I'm reading that long it's usually because I'm all caught up in the story and I don't think about it.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #123
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I know what you mean ...

The Cybook should have to accomodate us in that

I do agree it is an inconvenience.
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #124
origami
origami began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Wish list :
1) right + and - buttons used for Zoom in/out in PDF and pictures
2) When reading a book, pre-load the next page while the user is reading, to make the page switch faster
3) available SDK, so that geeks can play with the Cybook (Bookeen, let the geeks work for you, and keep the good ideas !). Everyone's win at this game
4) Faster boot.
origami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #125
simulant
simulant began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
1. Zooming for pdf
2. Folders
3. more formats, esp .chm
4. remember last page of every opened book.
5. bookmarking for all formats (maybe I'm missing something but I don't see an option to book mark .pdfs... only had it for a few hours though)
simulant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #126
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulant View Post
It does remember the last page of every opened book .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #127
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Not all the time...
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #128
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulant View Post
1. Zooming for pdf
2. Folders
3. more formats, esp .chm
5. bookmarking for all formats (maybe I'm missing something but I don't see an option to book mark .pdfs... only had it for a few hours though)
1 thru 3 and 5 above and they *really* need to work on multi-file html support as well as support for .rtf. I've yet, even with my new unit, been able to get it to recognize .rtf. C'mon, Bookeen. RTF is well-documented and has been around for ages!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #129
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
Reading PDFs

When reading pdfs that are larger than the screen the Cybook indicates this with an arrow symbol and lets you scroll to the next part of the screen using the navigation key

Since the text on a pdf page is continuous I always get confused for some milliseconds after the flip. I think it would have been better if there was an option to turn on some kind of placeholder to use for reorienting the eye after the flip.

I think that a simple line in the left margin at the bottom of the first screen that is repeated at the same position (relative to the pdf page) after the flip would do.
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #130
Puddytat purr
Enthusiast
Puddytat purr is on a distinguished road

Location: Isle of Wight (that's the little speck at bottom of the UK map)
Device: Bookeen Cybook
When I view books in my mobipocket pc reader, I can rename the files - but once transferred, they're listed under their properties name. If I rename it, then I want it on my cybook as the renamed version.

Folders!

To boot to last screen you were viewing rather than to the library.

Some warning when your battery is about to die so you don't panic when it freezes on you

To be able to read while it's on charge.

I'd like to put my books in a specific order via mobipocket pc and have them in that order on the cybook

A 'find' or 'go to' option, eg so you can 'find' chapter 3

The ability to brighten my epaper - I have to wear tinted glasses as I'm photosensitive, I have to twist in my armchair so that the light in the centre of my ceiling is shining at the 'page'

Do you think we'll actually GET any of this stuff we're all wistfully wishing for?
Puddytat purr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #131
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddytat purr View Post
A 'find' or 'go to' option, eg so you can 'find' chapter 3
There is a "Go To" option which can take you to the Table of Contents so that you can 'jump' to chapter 3. Of course that assumes that the book was created with a Table of Contents, which some of them aren't.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #132
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
A pop-up or something when you reach the end of a book and hit the next page button. Some books don't say "The End" and the end.

Customization of the splash screen when booting up and the possibility of turning the Cybook off without blanking the screen, ideally showing some picture or image of choice.

A real indication of the zooming factor for PDFs. I create the PDFs with 9x12cm size, which is the size of the screen, but the status bar says it's a 235% zoom. The Cybook "thinks" it's A4 size, which it obviously isn't
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #133
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
A pop-up or something when you reach the end of a book and hit the next page button. Some books don't say "The End" and the end.
Enabling the pageometer helps (Layout -> Show Pageometer).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #134
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Enabling the pageometer helps (Layout -> Show Pageometer).
Yes, but not for PDF files. And for my PDFs I disable the status bar, as the text reaches the bottom end of the screen.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #135
orlincho
Enthusiast
orlincho began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3(brick)/NOOK/NOKIA E52
Thing's I wish but no one written about.
1. Responce of hardware keys. - Sometimes when I push a button status LED lights but page is not flipped. I've push a button longer to work.
2. Ability to leave shut down without clearing last red page and powering w/o welcome screens right to page I've red lat time. (If device is shut down this info can be shown in header or footer by an icon like "POWER_OFF")

And of course all other popular features and bugfixes requested.
orlincho is offline   Reply With Quote