Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #3181
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Jedidiyah: Might be easier (or not, depending on how much you like mercurial) to get them from here: https://code.google.com/p/googlefontdirectory/
Or - -
Just follow the directions on that page in the first sentence of the section headed:
"Download Source Files" (the first sentence of which is actually how to download the binaries).

Last edited by knc1; 08-19-2013 at 10:23 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #3182
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
I finally noticed that arrow down button at the top, thanks knc1 and NiLuJe.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #3183
ordijk
ordijk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
Hi, I just wonder for my kindle DXG with FW3.2.1, which version of update_*_bin and font_*_ should I use ? I updated my device from 2.5.8 to 3.2.1 exactly with the method of Yifan Lu:http://yifan.lu/2011/05/29/kindle-3-...e-dx-released/

Now, what I actually want is to change the original Chinese fonts.

Thanks !
ordijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #3184
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ordijk: Here be dragons (that, and I still can't remember how this is supposed to work, after all this time). I *think* the .bin for your actual physical device (ie. DX), but with the linkfonts folder from a package targeting FW 3.x
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #3185
ordijk
ordijk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ordijk: Here be dragons (that, and I still can't remember how this is supposed to work, after all this time). I *think* the .bin for your actual physical device (ie. DX), but with the linkfonts folder from a package targeting FW 3.x
Exactly! I use .bin for dxg, then copy the linkfonts folder from k3/src. It works perfectly.

Thanks a lot !
ordijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #3186
slalomsk8er
slalomsk8er began at the beginning.

Device: k3gb
If Python doesn't install

I had troubles installing python and so got no covers for the screen saver.

With the help of NiLuJe the problem was resolved the following way:
  1. uninstall jailbreak 10
  2. reboot
  3. install jailbreak 11
  4. reboot
  5. install python
  6. reboot

I hope that will help some one.
slalomsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #3187
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released Python 0.7.N, ScreenSavers 0.40.N, Fonts 5.11.N, USBNetwork 0.51.N.

The usual binaries update, with a few cover mode fixes for the ScreenSavers hack .

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the FT update in the Fonts hack might bring significant rendering changes for anything using the autohinter (the autohint & light FT overrides).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #3188
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oops... ScreenSavers 0.41.N ^^.

Fix a tiny bit of what should have been fixed in 0.40.N regarding the cover detection, and a preview KUAL button for the cover mode.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #3189
Google
Җ Ξβ╔╤╗™ Җ
Google began at the beginning.

Device: K3 WiFi [B008]
using kindle v3.4 [K3 WiFi [B008].

Which files to download for Jailbreak?
Google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #3190
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1379525725

*Note for Kindle 3.0.x, 3.1.x & 3.2 Users*

Please use the file corresponding to your kindle model suffixed by -3.0-to-3.2, the other one won't work on these older FW versions, while this one won't work on newer FW versions. Check your Settings page if you're unsure of what FW your Kindle is running.

Surprised you couldn't find it... what with your mad search skills and all....
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #3191
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released USBNet 0.52.N .

This is the one we were talking about! So, here comes the full OpenSSH suite, and not just the sshd server anymore. Plus, sshfs .

In case people were using scp programmatically: I switched the scp symlink to point to OpenSSH's scp instead of dropbear's.

I'm assuming people know how to use sshfs, but just a couple of notes:

* The target's hostkey needs to be known, so you need to connect to it once with ssh.
* On FW 2.x (at least, possibly 3.x too), fusermount -u returns a completely idiotic error and doesn't unmount anything. umount works fine.
* On FW 2.x (& possibly 3.x), you'll have to stop netwatchd to prevent it from killing your outgoing connections.

Thanks to twobob for pushing everyone to look at this, I now have something to back my usual 'try sshfs!' response when people ask for a way to access remote storage from their Kindle .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #3192
farraman
farraman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 W-Fi
Ok, so I'm having a bit of an issue I can't figure out. I have a kindle 3 wifi with firmware 3.4 installed and a while ago I had installed the jailbreak and ss hack. I just recently tried to add images to the screensavers, and all the new images just skip. As far as I know nothing's wrong with the images, so I decided to hop back on here to see what can be done. Looking at the changelog, I see that many features have been added, and now I want to update, but don't know how.

Do I need to uninstall the versions already on my device? I know the ss hack is 0.20.N, but don't know installed jailbreak version. I believe I installed when my kindle was 3.2.1. Do I need the old uninstallers, and where can I find them?

Last edited by farraman; 10-02-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: forgot version
farraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #3193
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@farraman: Nope, you don't need the old uninstallers, you can use the ones from the latest packages .

Given the amount of time that passed since you jailbroke your Kindle, I'm gonna assume it's not up to date, so you'll first need to uninstall the jailbreak, then install the latest version.
Once that's done, you can simply install the new version of the ss hack on top of the old one, it'll take care of everything .
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #3194
farraman
farraman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 W-Fi
@NiLuJe Thank you so much. I was thinking it'd be a much harder process than that. Will update to confirm it works.

EDIT: Ok, quick issue since you're here. I was able to uninstall just fine, but when I try to install the new jailbreak, it gives an error 'another jailbreak found, aborting ...'

I will try running the uninstaller again and retry.

Reread the troubleshooting guide again, saw that kindle needs to be unplugged, possibly the issue. (nope, still found another jailbreak)

I have run uninstallers for the 0.11.N, and both of yifanlu's 0.4.0 and 0.5.1 jailbreaks. I thought covering all my bases would do the trick. Well, it did something. After restarting the kindle and trying to update with the new 0.11.N, it no longer shows 'found another jailbreak' but simply fails with U007, so progress? still working on this.

After failing for a while, I just let it sit for a while to let it think about what it's done. I came back, restarted the kindle and tried updating and it worked. Not sure what all I was doing wrong, but it's finally updated and things are working.

Last edited by farraman; 10-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
farraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #3195
KablamoBoom
KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle DX
I recently purchased a Kindle DX Graphite (SN: B009 etc.) running 2.5.8. I've tried the method described in the OP, repeatedly and to a T, but every time I update, about 1/5 of the way through it says "The update was not successful. Your Kindle is restarting..." I'm using the installer for dxg...what am I doing wrong?
Edit: just noticed, there's an error in the bottom left, "U006"
EditEdit: Oh. Haha...my bad. Thanks for the awesome forum! Cheers!

Last edited by KablamoBoom; 10-03-2013 at 06:41 PM.
KablamoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet