Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Having Some Trouble w/ PDF's (No DRM)

Pretty much all my books are in epub format. I do have a very limited few that are in PDF's. Stuff that just was way to much trouble to convert to epub. One of them is the ebook Dragons Fury - Jeff Head.pdf which the author freely gives away on his website. It opens completely fine on my notebook computer (Win7). But for some reason it will not open on the PB360. The file is 4.3MB so its not a size issue. I get an error when I try and open it.

Quote:
PDF VIEWER - Cannot open book. Perhaps the book is damaged or protected.
If its damaged it sure doesn't seem to be at least on my notebook. And its definitely not protected, unless its some protection I don't seem to understand.

I would try other PDF's lol but I don't have any. Guess I need to track down another PDF ebook and see if it gives me the same problem.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-17-2010 at 03:51 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

No one has had this problem?
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i am going to try that pdf myself in a bit. I was using my splashtop browser earlier and couldnt download it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

guns what firmware are you on?

I'm on the previous version and Dragon's Fury opened just fine on my 360 with pdfviewer and adobe viewer. The cover rendered better with pdfviewer.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 04-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
guns what firmware are you on?

I'm on the previous version and Dragon's Fury opened just fine on my 360 with pdfviewer and adobe viewer. The cover rendered better with pdfviewer.
I am on the latest. Maybe I should try the previous.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-14-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Well I downgraded to 14.2, but still the issue persists. Same exact thing happens. Can I ask you a favor Dulin's Books guy (lol). Can you email me the copy you have. Just to double check that my copy isn't defective and that its the PB360.

I could download it again but that won't completely determine whats at fault. My email is guns4hire at gmail dot com.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard

sure just a moment
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

I will have to check it this evening when I get home. I am working right now.

Thanks,
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #9
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Well thats very strange. It worked. For some reason two different PDF's of this ebook would not open. But your copy that you sent me opened up just fine.

Well thank you very much.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard

your welcome
Old 04-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Well thats very strange. It worked. For some reason two different PDF's of this ebook would not open. But your copy that you sent me opened up just fine.

Well thank you very much.
Maybe download problems? Did you try the book on your desktop Adobe Reader? Mister Dulin's Books is Mister Dulin himself, so you don't have to call him Books! I don't think he minds, though!!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #12
Dulin's Books
Wizard

hahaha Charlie is fine too
Old 04-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Maybe download problems? Did you try the book on your desktop Adobe Reader? Mister Dulin's Books is Mister Dulin himself, so you don't have to call him Books! I don't think he minds, though!!
Both the files I had of this ebook (older and newer version) opened fine in Adobe Reader and Foxit as well. Nothing was wrong with them as far as I could tell.

Oh and calling him Mr Dulin's Books was a joke.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:50 AM   #14
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Sometimes when file is too large (mas o menos 500 pages) - could open very slowly with PB...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #15
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Sometimes when file is too large (mas o menos 500 pages) - could open very slowly with PB...
No that wasn't it. I let it sit a couple times once for 5 minutes and another for 10. Then Charlie sent me the exact same file (as the one I was trying to open) and his opened up immediately.