Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Good Day!

Hello Everyone.

I do not have a mobile eBook reader as of yet, but I hope to purchase one in a month or two. I am getting one for my wife. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the Sony 505.

As for me, I download and read some eBooks on my computer. I have also written a few books that are available for free. There's one science fiction novel titled Alien Cradle and a three book fantasy series titled Delver Magic. They're available in a few different formats.

Hopefully over the next few weeks I will learn a bit more about the different readers and solidify my decision on which one to buy. At the same time I hope to learn some tips and tricks that will hopefully assist us when I do finally make the plunge. I'm a bit cautious on these things, so it just takes some time.

JInlo
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, JInlo.
There's a lot of people here who are interested in Science Fiction and Fantasy. If you feel so inclined, do post a link to your books. If you start a thread in the Deals and Freebies section then a lot of people will see it.
I've got both a sony PRS500 and a 505, and am very happy with them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Welcome to the forum, JInlo.
There's a lot of people here who are interested in Science Fiction and Fantasy. If you feel so inclined, do post a link to your books. If you start a thread in the Deals and Freebies section then a lot of people will see it.
I've got both a sony PRS500 and a 505, and am very happy with them.
Hello Patricia:

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the 505. I've seen a few video reviews of the 505 on Youtube and it looks to have all the features we want. I'm hoping to learn how the google classics appear on the device. Hopefully as I continue to review the threads here I will find more information.

Thank you again.

As for a link to my books, http://www.sitelane.com is sort of a home page I use that has links to my books as well as other eBook information I have collected over the past couple of months.

Once I get more familiar with all this forum has to offer, I will take your advice and post more info under the deals and Freebies section.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
I'm glad to hear you are happy with the 505. I've seen a few video reviews of the 505 on Youtube and it looks to have all the features we want. I'm hoping to learn how the google classics appear on the device. Hopefully as I continue to review the threads here I will find more information.
There's nothing to stop you from downloading the Sony software, setting up an account and having a look via the emulator on the EBook library software. It won't cost anything.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello JInlo
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome aboard! I love my 505 as well. It's a great way to read anything anywhere
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
MHpurple
MHpurple began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi, I have Sony 505...welcome man....
MHpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jinlo and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year now and am very pleased with it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote