Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Can't download from browser in Android

The last couple of days I've been unable to download any files from the content server onto my Android devices. I've tried it both the latest and the last version of Calibre. I've rebooted my PC hosting the content server and the Android devices but no joy.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
maurerc
maurerc began at the beginning.

Device: android
Same problem

Seems to have started with this weeks update to the server.
maurerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There haven't been any changes to the content server for quite a while now. You may get some useful info by loking at the server logs in Preferences->Sharing over the net
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Didn't see anything in the server logs that would indicate a problem. I have 3 different Android devices and I can't download on any of them.

On Android all it says is that the download was unsuccessful.

I've been using dropbox but it's more difficult to find the exact book I want to download.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Do you have auth enabled on the Content server? Android can't handle HTTP 401 auth properly, long-standing issue that Google has been ignoring for years.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I've been using dropbox but it's more difficult to find the exact book I want to download.
Have you looked at using DropBox in conduction with Calibre2opds?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
bickleigh
bickleigh began at the beginning.

Device: htc desire
Hi
I am getting the same problem. Can not download to android from content server since recent updates. The activity log has this entry:

192.168.0.210 - - [02/May/2011:13:15:33] "GET /get/pdf/A Lover& HTTP/1.1" 401 1109 "http://192.168.0.210:8081/get/pdf/A%20Lover'%3Bs%20Complaint%20-%20_a%20title=_Browse%20books%20by%20authors_%20Wi lliam%20Shakespeare_%20href=__browse_matches_autho rs_1166_%20class=_details_category_link__William%2 0Shakespeare__a__2250.pdf" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.10"

The problem also occurs with explore 8 on my laptop which reports unable to open corrupted file and opens a save as dialog box. It will then save ok and the file can then be opened ok. Strange!

Ironicaly I have updated one of my other PC's to explore ver 9 and that appears to be loading ok.

Any ideas?

A little off topic but I have started looking at wordplayer today and am having trouble getting it to see calibre. Can any one point me in the direction of a good setup instructions post?

Thanks

Bickleigh
bickleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to devices, since these seem to be device issues, not content server issues.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Internet explorer <9 has issues with ampersands. Try downloading a file that doesn't have ampersands in its title.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Do you have auth enabled on the Content server? Android can't handle HTTP 401 auth properly, long-standing issue that Google has been ignoring for years.
Until recently I could download from the content server.

I cannot figure out where I would enable auth on the Content server.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Until recently I could download from the content server.

I cannot figure out where I would enable auth on the Content server.
You have auth if you have set a password for the server.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Have you looked at using DropBox in conduction with Calibre2opds?
After spending several hours (most of it waiting for Dropbox to sync) the limitation is that Dropbox doesn't allow you to download folders to Android. There's a sync app for Android that doesn't quite work. What happens is I load the catalog.html into a web browser in Android and when I hit a link such as Authors I get an error message because the page doesn't automatically download from Dropbox. It works fine on my Windows machine. Yes, everything is in my Public folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have auth if you have set a password for the server.
I set the password. Up until recently I could easily use the content server in Android but somethings broken (probably in Android).
Old 05-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try temporarily disabling the password and see if it works.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Kovid - Disabling the password did the trick! Thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
armyturtle
armyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP Touchpad w/ Cyanogenmod 7.1 RC1 & Aldiko Reader
What if we don't want to open our library up to the entire public? What does this mean? We can't have Auth on our Calibre servers if we're using a Nook/Kindle/Android device? (All of these items have given me the "download unsuccessful" error.)

GREAT APP by the way! Donation headed your way!

Last edited by armyturtle; 10-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.
armyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote