Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
obiwan99
obiwan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Line in Pocketbook IQ display

I recently bought a pocketbook IQ. I am quite happy with it but today suddenly a white dotted vertical line appeared in the display. It stays there all the time, even in the firmware reminder screen at boot.

Anybody seen this before? I am afraid I will need to RMA it to pocketgoods.de but I am leaving for Asia again in 10 days and I am not sure how I can get it back
obiwan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
PB support is very good. (Partly because the hardware doesn't seem to glitch that often.)
Depending on where you are, 10 days should be enough for a turnaround.
In the US it runs about a week in normal times.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If you could put a picture of the issue it'd be great. If anyone else has this glitch or thinks s/he can have it, s/he'll be able to compare and get feedback.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
I suddenly got another problem with the screen...

there's something wrong with my touchscreen. It's like there's a part of the screen constantly registering pressure :S. I can't normaly work with the device any more... tried resets, poweroff, disconnect battery so I guess my screen is malfunctioning...
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
obiwan99

See attached pictures. I contacted pocketgoods today but still have to hear from them about this issue.

I am wondering if the IQs hardware is perhaps a bit less solid than the normal pocketbook stuff.

RezzZ: another problem means that you already had a screen problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pocketbook-line.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	63670   Click image for larger version

Name:	pocketbook-line-detail.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	63671  
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
@ RezzZ: Did you try a fresh screen calibration? This might solve the problem.

@ obiwan99: Looks like a defective LCD panel. You should ask for a replacement.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Yes, I have other problems, more or less linked with the screen.
If I suspend the pocketbook it turns on by itself, the screen stays on but the backlit is off. this is a battery drain and perhaps linked to my defective touchscreen.

@K-Thom, yes tried the calibration. Had to do it like 10 times really quick. Finally is was so fast there weren't any screen presses in the top middle of the screen during calibration.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
Also got a line on my IQ, only shows up on the background/wallpaper then I don't see it on other screens. Tried reset/screen calibration still there, sent off a message to PB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IQ-screen-line-01.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	64275  
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:19 AM   #9
RezzZ
Connoisseur

I had that line too JP36. I thought it was part of the lockscreen (end of the clock widget) as it's not anywhere else...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
JP36
Enthusiast

Ah, I was hoping it might be a software glitch from the settings menu as it looks very much like the same position as one or more of those menu choice separators. On one startup I saw it vanish for a second, keeping the background, as the clock/lock vanished just before it jumped to the home menu.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
RezzZ
Connoisseur

perhaps it ís a software glitch, but I don't think it's that bad. I don't believe it's a faulty lcd display though so be lucky about that .

still waiting on a reply from PB about my defective screen . Waiting for more than a weeks since my screen gotten a mind of it's own. Still don't no where to send it, no RMA...
Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
JP36
Enthusiast

I just heard back from them:
Quote:
The line is actually a line in the scanned image and has nothing to do with the screen. I have attached an image from a new device out of the box.
Where they show me the line on another PB IQ.

Except my IQ puts that line in other images, when I set other images as the wallpaper the line is there, when I rotated the screen from portrait to landscape the line was still under the clock but not all the way across the screen. As if when generated/cropped by the IQ it sticks that line in. I changed it again in landscape and the line is put on the image under the clock but again not all the way across the screen.

So it appears to be something with the program when saving/cropping images or perhaps a graphical artifact for the clock application overlay.

RezzZ they haven't even responded to you about the screen? I went to USA from: http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ and then support.

Last edited by JP36; 01-07-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Memory issue.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
obiwan99

@JP36: I also saw that line. I think it appeared after updating to the new firmware. I also guessed it was software related as I did not see it always. In any case it was very different from the vertical line on my panel.

@Rezz: did you send an email to service@pocketbook.de ? I am not sure in which country you are located. I needed to send mine to Nürnberg (I could give you the address but it is probably better you wait for them to answer). Mine was delivered there yesterday but I guess it will take them some time to check it.

Meanwhile I moved back to Shanghai so I am wondering how I am going to get it here
Old 01-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP36 View Post
IRezzZ they haven't even responded to you about the screen? I went to USA from: http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ and then support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan99 View Post
@Rezz: did you send an email to service@pocketbook.de ? I am not sure in which country you are located. I needed to send mine to Nürnberg (I could give you the address but it is probably better you wait for them to answer). Mine was delivered there yesterday but I guess it will take them some time to check it.
I first mailed PocketBook support about the battery drain problem on december the 15th. They forwarded my mail to support@ndigobusiness.com the 17th (official Dutch support I guess).
The 27th I mailed them about the screen issue and one day later I got a reply from Ndigo Business that they forwarded my screen issue back to pocketbook support hoping to hear from them soon.

No word since last year. Send a mail to the shop I bought the device and got an RMA form now. Guess I'm going to send my device there... Would have thought that direct contact with PocketBook would have been faster...
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
JP36
Enthusiast

That is not reassuring to hear RezzZ, best of luck in dealing with them.