Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Need help with a metadata search/replace "formula"

UPDATE: SOLVED as of post #3.

I still haven't figure this out on my own in one step, so...

GOAL example:

Series: Walkabout [1]
Tags: a, b, c, d, e

RESULT in Tags field after copy: PREFIX Walkabout, a, b, c, d, e

Copy the Series name to Tags but add a PREFIX to the series name in the process. I believe I could do this in two steps using another custom column to add the prefix first then going from there to the Tags column.

I'm looking to do this in one step.

I still haven't figure out the /*- combos completely in batch search/replace.

Last edited by jecilop; 12-17-2015 at 01:23 AM. Reason: UPDATE: SOLVED
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No need for an intermediate field.

Search Field: series
Search for: (.+)
Replace with: PREFIX \1
Destination field: tags

Make sure you're in Search Mode: Regular expression, you have Mode: Append to Field or Prepend to Field, and Split Result checked.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
No need for an intermediate field.

Search Field: series
Search for: (.+)
Replace with: PREFIX \1
Destination field: tags

Make sure you're in Search Mode: Regular expression, you have Mode: Append to Field or Prepend to Field, and Split Result checked.
Attempted. SUCCESS. Thank you!!!!!!!! What a timesaver.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, metadata, search & replace