Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
Roseweave
Enthusiast
Roseweave began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Nook HD
case/stand for Nook HD?

I've been looking at sites like this -

http://www.javoedge.com/

But the international shipping is ridiculous. In fact it's almost universally been too much on just about any case I can find.

I really want something kind of nice and decorative(and with a swivel preferably), if I was in the US I'd have tons of cheap options.

Any ideas?
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I can't give you nice and decorative but I did recently purchase the Nook 360 stand case from NOOKUK for £10.00. It come's shipped from the Netherlands but arrived in less than a week by UPS. But be warned if you want to return it it needs to be shipped back to Poland

http://www.nook.com/gb/accessories/n.../9780594515210
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also have the plain pink one of these, from Caseen. I bought it direct from the site and paid aroud £31 including shipping, but i have seen them on ebay for less now.

http://www.caseen.com/Nook-HD-7-Inch_c_221.html

No swivel on this one though, but the Nook 360 does have a swivel
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
I have the same exorbitant international postage issue when I want to buy Nook stuff. I bought the HD+ version of this case off eBay from this same seller, and although there was postage, it was very reasonable and the case arrived in New Zealand very quickly.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-PU-Lea...item43c2965920
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Roseweave
Enthusiast

that's much better value.

I really wanted something like these though -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Rotating...item5d408162c0

(The floral ones)

Are Kindle Fire cases compatible too?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I think the original Kindle Fire HD cases are but only if they have the elastic straps as the devices are similar in size but not exact. I did buy a plain red case similar to the design you are looking at on Amazon but the quality was awful, I returned it.

Tbh the best cases in this country are the Nook own ones, it's that or hunting on ebay for an American import.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
Roseweave
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
I have the same exorbitant international postage issue when I want to buy Nook stuff. I bought the HD+ version of this case off eBay from this same seller, and although there was postage, it was very reasonable and the case arrived in New Zealand very quickly.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-PU-Lea...item43c2965920

bought a purple one form here thanks. not sure about the purple/white contrast but i can always get a better case later.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #8
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
bought a purple one form here thanks. not sure about the purple/white contrast but i can always get a better case later.
I am happy enough with mine. It fits really well and is pretty good quality for the price.
I do wish it wasnt just a boring plain colour but as you know, there isnt much out there to choose from.
If you do ever find any nice patterned ones with reasonable international postage, please can you post about them here and I will do the same
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
Roseweave
Enthusiast

yeah, when I get more money again I'll keep a look out, always good to ahve a backup as cases can get pretty tatty fast.