Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Ummm... WTH?? Sony PRS-600

I was so excited, the UPS man just showed up. My PRS-600 is here. I turned it on. The screen says "Hello from Sony... [blah blah].. tap anywhere on the screen."

Tapping does nothing. Sliding the power switch and holding does nothing. The reset button does nothing (have tried holding it everywhere from 1 second to 10 seconds). I've held the reset button, held the power button, simultaneously, in series. Everything!

The screen is just sitting there taunting me. How do I reset this thing and start playing with it???
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Plug it in charge the battery all the way.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks -- taking your advice. I'll check back in a few hours...

I think I was expecting it to come with nearly a full charge the way my other Sony's have...
Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
maxbookworm
Addict

Yes! I've been able to reset it as its charging on the AC charger. Thank you!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Same thing happened to me when I got my 900.
Had to charge it for about an hour before it did anything!
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
maxbookworm
Addict

I knew I'd get a useful answer here much faster than through Sony tech support
Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Just curious. Was the message on the screen when you just had opened your box or did you turn on the device before the screen got stuck on that message.

Neither of my readers showed a message and I first charged the devices before powering up.
I like quick start guides and mostly do what they say. It's another thing for manuals. Those I only read for features I'm interested in.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
maxbookworm
Addict

Actually, when I first opened it, the screen was blank. I tried to turn it on and nothing happened (that should have been my first clue that there wasn't an electron of charge in the battery). After I plugged it in to the AC charger, I went back a few minutes later and that screen was showing. The battery bar shows as full when the reader is charging and I mistook that to mean that the battery was fully charged after all. So I unplugged and proceeded to become frustrated as the screen just sat there, doing nothing, until I got the helpful advice here.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Ok, sounds ok. It seems the reader turned somewhat on. But the charge wasn't sufficient to operate the reader so the screen got stuck until charging was enough.

Well, great to hear that it works now
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
maxbookworm
Addict

Yes, I think that's exactly what happened.

I'm in evaluation mode now...

Thanks for everyone's help!