Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
conversion from epub (made w/writer2Epub) to mobi

I've been making custom mobi books for my Kindle. I've used the Writer2Epub addon to my Open Office word processor.
Step one, conversion to epub works flawlessly.
When I open the book in Calibre, the fonts look like you'd expect.

Step two, conversion to mobi. That works well too, but the font changes. It looks like it was rendered on a typewriter, not like the font from the epub edition, and not like any other mobi book font.

This only happens when I use Writer2Epub.

Is there a way to change it to the regular font?

Last edited by jakewoodblues; 10-13-2011 at 12:09 PM.
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Well, I suppose it does help to peruse the forums before posting. I found my answer in another posting.

It says:

You can't get very specific, the Kindle doesn't allow specific fonts. I believe you can only choose between serif, sans-serif, and monospaced. Use extra css under look and feel:
Code:

body{font-family: sans-serif}

Thanks to Idolse for the original answer
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, epub, font, mobi