Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Writernan
Enthusiast
Writernan began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 5"
Question Ear Buds?

Received my reader a few hours ago and am anxiously waiting for the battery to come to a full charge.

In the meantime, I looked at the ear buds and discovered something very strange. The line to the bud for the right ear is 21" from the connector. The left ear bud is only 7-1/2".

There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust them so the lengths are even.

Is this a flaw or am I missing something?

Nan
Writernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
jess4276
jess4276 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro Maroon
I think they're the kind that are made for one to go around the back of your neck.
jess4276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Writernan
Enthusiast
Writernan began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 5"
Oh yeah. It does seem to work that way. I'd never seen ear buds like this. Thanks for the lesson. ;-)
Writernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Designed so you at least have something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writernan View Post
Received my reader a few hours ago and am anxiously waiting for the battery to come to a full charge.

In the meantime, I looked at the ear buds and discovered something very strange. The line to the bud for the right ear is 21" from the connector. The left ear bud is only 7-1/2".

There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust them so the lengths are even.

Is this a flaw or am I missing something?

Nan
Dear Nan:

The ear buds are designed so one can go around the back of your neck to the other ear.

Basically, they were included only so people could have something in the box so they could use the MP3 right away when they received the box. The sound on them has been rated by reviewers as "decent".

However, the sound system on the Pocket PRO is actually outstanding. I bought an expensive pair of Sennheiser noise-cancelling headphones for plane trips. In my opinion, they are every bit as good as the best BOSE headphones (which run $300 plus). The sound system on the Pocket PRO beats my iPod... and the Sennheisers sound fabulous with it.

So, please do not read too much into the ear buds. They are there so you have something. I would HOPE that most people either have great headphones or will want to buy better ear buds or headphones when they are ready. One of the nicest and least talked about pluses for the Pocket PRO is it takes a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It doesn't take much to beat the sound of an iPod. Apple has lost the focus on what the iPod was originally for that was for sound. They've kind of let that fall by the wayside.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
bdp
Lost in WNC
bdp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader
I honestly didn't expect much out of the sound, but was pleasantly surprised by the volume this little thing is capable of. In my very unscientific comparison, it was quite a bit louder than my Creative zen doohickey. As far as sound quality, a few of my mp3's sound a little bit tinny on the upper end. But in all fairness, I haven't listened to it through headphones yet. So it may still surprise me.
bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp View Post
I honestly didn't expect much out of the sound, but was pleasantly surprised by the volume this little thing is capable of. In my very unscientific comparison, it was quite a bit louder than my Creative zen doohickey. As far as sound quality, a few of my mp3's sound a little bit tinny on the upper end. But in all fairness, I haven't listened to it through headphones yet. So it may still surprise me.
Turn the volume down before you put the headphones on your ears .
Most of my MP3's are 256 bit and sound great.
I have one recording where the Instrument might have been connected directly to the recorder and has a noticeable DC offset Pulse on each note (The note rides on the offset and sounds fine). The PEz does good at reproducing what is encoded
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote