Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
jedukie50
jedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 627
Dutch dictionary for Pocketbook 627

Hello there,

I have scoured the entire internet to find even one .dic file of an dutch dictionary (not eng>NL, but an full dictionary), but I haven't been able to find one. Can you guys please provide me with a dutch dictionary in .dic format? I use a Pocketbook 627 (Touch Lux 4).
jedukie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Haven't been able to find one at all. The VanDale is behind its own software app.
If you found one, please post it and I'll convert it for you.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
jedukie50
jedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-booksjedukie50 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Haven't been able to find one at all. The VanDale is behind its own software app.
If you found one, please post it and I'll convert it for you.
I found this one in .mobi format: https://mega.nz/file/fI02RKSD#6a4iJt...1AxrsThWCRyQA0
Uploaded from my own folder.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:15 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@jedukie50 Very nice. Thank you for the share.

I've attached screenshots of your dictionary for the original file in mobireader and the converted file in Koreader, c.q. Stardict format with extra style formatting.

I can't test the binary pocketbook dic-file(, because I returned the Inkpad 3 Pro and replaced it with a Onyx Boox Note Pro.) So you'll have to test it yourself and return with the resulting screenshot.

The dictionary was converted with the script pocketbookdic.pl and uploaded to the my share of converted dictionaries.

The script ran without needing any modifications. So that's nice! Its home thread on mobileread is here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-10-17 10-44-36.png
Views:	339
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	182818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-10-17 11-04-18.png
Views:	313
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	182819  

Last edited by Markismus; 02-08-2021 at 03:41 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #5
jedukie50

Thank you so much for converting this dictionary to .dic! As you can see, it works perfectly when bringing up an word. Even though the formatting can be a bit weird when searching for an word, it still works very well. See my attachments for examples.

I wish you an very good day!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (380.1 KB, 303 views)
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (380.1 KB, 284 views)
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 07:11 AM   #6
Markismus
Guru

Those extra spaces are due to the style-settings.

The xml-code for article aanhaling:
Code:
<ar>
<head><k>aanhaling</k></head><def><blockquote><span> <span><b> <span><u>aa</u></span>n·ha·ling</b></span> <span> <span>de<sup><i>v</i></sup></span> </span> <span> <span> <span><i>meerv</i></span>: aanhalingen</span>; <span><span><i>verkleinw</i></span>: aanhalinkje</span></span> </span> <span> <span> <span> <span><i>zelfst nw</i></span> </span> <span> <span> <span> <span><b>citaat</b></span> </span> </span> </span> </span> </span></blockquote></def>
</ar>
If you prettify this it reads like:
Code:
<ar>
  <head>
    <k>aanhaling</k>
  </head>
  <def>
    <blockquote>
      <span>
        <span>
          <b>
            <span>
              <u>aa</u>
            </span>n·ha·ling
          </b>
        </span>
        <span>
          <span>de
            <sup>
              <i>v</i>
            </sup>
          </span>
        </span>
        <span>
          <span>
            <span>
              <i>meerv</i>
            </span>: aanhalingen
          </span>; 
          <span>
            <span>
              <i>verkleinw</i>
            </span>: aanhalinkje
          </span>
        </span>
      </span>
      <span>
        <span>
          <span>
            <span>
              <i>zelfst nw</i>
            </span>
          </span>
          <span>
            <span>
              <span>
                <span>
                  <b>citaat</b>
                </span>
              </span>
            </span>
          </span>
        </span>
      </span>
    </blockquote>
  </def>
</ar>
Apparently, the mobireader app interprets span.span within a blockquotes as lines. The other span-blocks have no further impact. The "·" is just one symbol long.

The pocketbook reader dictionary app interprets each span-block as a text with spacing around it. So additional spans are additional spaces. It also liberally spaces the "·" symbol. (I think it interprets it as a list symbol.) I don't know whether it is possible to tweak the internal styling of the dictionary in pocketbook. It would be nice if the location of its style sheet were known.

Koreader does allow for css-tweaking. I've included a css with the most usual tweaks, that Koreader likes, but for the VanDale it would be nice to include styling that generates a new line after the closing span-tag (</span>) of the second nested span-block within a blockquote.

This would allow for the VanDale to have enumerations such as those for aanhalingsteken to start a new line. I'll look into that.
Prettified article xml for aanhalingsteken:
Code:
<ar>
  <head>
    <k>aanhalingsteken</k>
  </head>
  <def>
    <blockquote>
      <span>
        <span>
          <b>
            <span>
              <u>aa</u>
            </span>n·ha·lings·te·ken
          </b>
        </span>
        <span>
          <span>het</span>
        </span>
      </span>
      <span>
        <span>
          <span>
            <span>
              <i>zelfst nw</i>
            </span>
          </span>
          <span>
            <span>
              <span>
                <b>1. </b>
              </span>
              <span>
                <span>elk van beide leestekens die dienen om geciteerde woorden van die van de schrijver zelf te onderscheiden, of die aangeven dat de gemarkeerde woorden niet letterlijk opgevat dienen te worden</span>
              </span>
              <span>
                <blockquote align="left">
                  <span>
                    <b>• </b>
                  </span>
                  <span>
                    <i>
                      <span>
                        <b>tussen</b>
                      </span> aanhalingstekens
                    </i>
                  </span> | 
                  <span>om aan te geven dat de spreker een andere mening heeft</span>
                </blockquote>
              </span>
            </span>
            <span>
              <span>
                <b>2. </b>
              </span>
              <span>
                <span>
                  <span>
                    <b>teken</b>
                  </span> dat dient om een woord of getal op een lagere plaats in dezelfde kolom te herhalen
                </span>
              </span>
            </span>
          </span>
        </span>
      </span>
    </blockquote>
  </def>
</ar>
Apparently, the css-style should be:
Code:
blockquote.span.span {display:block}
or
Code:
blockquote.span.span::after{content: '\A'; white-space: pre;}
However, both don't seem to work. Even tried changing '\A' to '\n' and to '&#xD' ';' (I've separated them, because the forum editor converts it to a newline. )

Last edited by Markismus; 10-18-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:59 AM   #7
fre_
fre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-booksfre_ has learned how to read e-books

Device: pocketbook inkpad3 color2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@jedukie50 Very nice. Thank you for the share.

I've attached screenshots of your dictionary for the original file in mobireader and the converted file in Koreader, c.q. Stardict format with extra style formatting.

I can't test the binary pocketbook dic-file(, because I returned the Inkpad 3 Pro and replaced it with a Onyx Boox Note Pro.) So you'll have to test it yourself and return with the resulting screenshot.

The dictionary was converted with the script pocketbookdic.pl and uploaded to the my share of converted dictionaries.

The script ran without needing any modifications. So that's nice! Its home thread on mobileread is here.
Hi Markismus,

I just wanted to thank you big time for sharing these dictionaries, and also for updating them.

Back in 2021 I've downloaded the dutch (NL-NL) version for my Inkpad 3 and I wanted to use it again for the Pocketbook Color 2.

Unfortunately, the old .dic file (version 2020) didn't work on this new device. After checking in here I've noticed you uploaded a newer version and happily this one works well on the Color 2.

You're in my bookmarks for whenever I purchase a new reader again !
fre_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, pocketbook, question