Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 06-24-2023, 02:30 PM   #1
ReaderGuy42
Enthusiast
ReaderGuy42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Adding custom dictionary (fictionary) to Tolino Vision 6?

I would like to add a custom "fictionary" dictionary, i.e. a dictionary with in-universe explanations (as far as I can tell) to my Tolino Vision 6.

The zip file I got from fictionary includes a .dict file, a .idx file, and a .ifo file.

As far as I can tell, the .dict file is the important one, but when I copy it over to my tolino (.tolino/dictionaries) nothing happens.

I've restarted the device but that didn't change anything.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks
ReaderGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:52 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderGuy42 View Post
The zip file I got from fictionary includes a .dict file, a .idx file, and a .ifo file.
Most likely you've downloaded a Stardict dictionary which Tolinos don't support. (They only support an outdated QuickDic version.)
Theoretically, you could convert the Stardict dictionary to a tab-delimited text file and then try to convert it to a QuickDic dictionary. However, it's not exactly straightforward and even if you follow the instructions to the letter, the dictionary might not work as expected.
It's much easier to create Kindle dictionaries.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, fictionary, tolino