Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #22651
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Ah, no self control at all. Me, using all the will power of a flat wallet, resisted the urge to splurge and came away with McClelland's Islay Single Malt. Can't say it has the same great taste as Lagavulin, though....darn. But it's nicer than Johnny Walker Red (or Black).
OTOH, if anybody has a spare bottle of Lagavulin or Laphrohaig (Spelling? been a looong time since I had a bottle in hand) they (plural!) could PM me and I'll send them my shipping address
I checked all my cabinets .... and found no spares .... sorry .... *hic* ... maybe Santa will slide one into your stocking! Unless the reindeer run on high octane fuel!

Regardless of the price - it's the Islay that counts!

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 12-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #22652
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
(thinking, thinking...)
What, what.......a mystery story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
A new competition?
My lips are sealed. It wouldn't be a secret if I told, would it? Of course, it won't be a secret for very much longer....

Orangeade with zero added sugar in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #22653
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paul! Shush! It's a MobileRead secret!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #22654
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yes .... I was weak .... I did it ... after reading earlier entries here [the guilty party shall remain unnamed] ... I went out ... and purchased a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin .... my credit card screamed in pain ... it was worth it ....
A sip or two of the Lagavulin should take care of the pain. Ah, so very, very nice...

I went for the last of my Bowmore 18yr last night. Delicious, though not up to the Lagavulin IMHO.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #22655
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll try to make the vegetarian. I welcome some new things to my non-meat/fish menu.
I was thoroughly surprised at how good these vegetarian tamales were. For 3 dozen tamales, you'll need 4-5 Poblano chilles, roasted, peeled and diced, a large onion sautéed to just beginning to show some colour, a cup of corn kernels, and a cup or so of Feta cheese crumbled and mixed in. And, of course, the masa. Made with butter or Crisco since these are vegetarian, though honestly, we still use lard for the masa. Since, for us, the point is not vegetarian or not, but flavour!
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #22656
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I was thoroughly surprised at how good these vegetarian tamales were. For 3 dozen tamales, you'll need 4-............ Since, for us, the point is not vegetarian or not, but flavour!
thanks, C Russel, I'll try it after Christmas. ( falafal for me). I can use some new ideas.

In my cup: Thurgau trocken white wine + water
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #22657
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A sip or two of the Lagavulin should take care of the pain. Ah, so very, very nice...

I went for the last of my Bowmore 18yr last night. Delicious, though not up to the Lagavulin IMHO.
I'm saving the Lagavulin for Christmas eve - to make it very very special! So more of the Talisker tonight .....
Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #22658
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm saving the Lagavulin for Christmas eve - to make it very very special! So more of the Talisker tonight .....
Hardly a step down. Talisker is one of my favourites.

Last edited by CRussel; 12-24-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Idiot phone changed Talisker to Talisman!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #22659
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Some bubbles with our barbeque. Merry Christmas to all of my MR friends.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #22660
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Finished my preparations for three Christmas dinners.

In my cup: blackberry liqueur.......to taste if it is good enough for my guests ( yes, it is almost noon here.)
In my hand: Christmas cookie and chocolat
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #22661
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
In my cup: blackberry liqueur.......to taste if it is good enough for my guests ( yes, it is almost noon here.)
In my hand: Christmas cookie and chocolat
I admire the leghths you will go to to ensure your guests are well catered for.

Coffee in my cup, and a Welsh Rarebit breakfast browning in the oven.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #22662
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've just finished a delightful Chinese Vegetable soup with Tofu and Oyster Sauce, and I'm stuffed to the gills! (But only consumed about 250 calories.) Now drinking an after-dinner cup of Keemun tea while my wife does the dishes! I cooked... she washes. She cooks...I wash. Then we'll settle in with a movie and a bit of popcorn for the evening. Merry Christmas to you all!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #22663
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Coffee in my cup. Merry Christmas everyone.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #22664
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Merry Christmas for tomorrow to all who celebrate it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #22665
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coca-Cola. Yum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?